OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Certainly arranging them from low to high gain using the actual amp profile name works for you. I know it would be greatly confusing to me on stage, especially since I don't usually go from low to high, but much more specifically with respect to FXs and what song it is. I don't care what the original name is, just what I label it as, as this is useful and obvious at all times.

Gary ô¿ô

• Version 7.0.4.14925/14926 Just Released.

• Version 7.0.4.14925/14926 Just Released.

And it's only for the stage version.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I just installed 7.0.4 on my Powerhead, which I did using the new RM 2.3.8. There were some error messages and stops, but got it going by switching to Perform from Browser, or rebooting the KPA, then trying again

Everything works well here. No RM Presets still, probably due to impending Editor arrival.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• GearJocke , no

PROFILER Operating System 7.0.4 Public Beta for Head, PowerHead, Rack, and PowerRack

Without using select category it says DO NOT USE THIS VERSION FOR OTHER MODELS THAN PROFILER STAGE.

But if I choose operating symsten beta versions it shows up DO NOT USE THIS VERSION FOR A PROFILER STAGE

^^ It was very late when I read the post here about 7.04 so I'm exused. :S

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Without using select category it says DO NOT USE THIS VERSION FOR OTHER MODELS THAN PROFILER STAGE.

But if I choose operating symsten beta versions it shows up DO NOT USE THIS VERSION FOR A PROFILER STAGE

^^ It was very late when I read the post here about 7.04 so I'm exused. :S

Yep ... caught me out too! I downloaded and installed 7.0.4 on both of my KPAs, then saw the 'STAGE' warning so backtracked and reverted to 7.0.1. Having read it all again, I'm back to 7.0.4. A bit messy really - something which a suitable update 'announcement' (currently still in the 6. .....) might have helped to avoid.

• I guess since its still "beta" I cant expect much in the way of smooth and easy? I want to try it but a bit "gun-shy" yet.

To those who are running the latest beta for a non-powered non-Stage KPA, is there any reason NOT to update in your opinion?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I guess since its still "beta" I cant expect much in the way of smooth and easy? I want to try it but a bit "gun-shy" yet.

To those who are running the latest beta for a non-powered non-Stage KPA, is there any reason NOT to update in your opinion?

I have gigged 7.0.1 (powerhead) without issues and am now (finally!) on 7.0.4 with no obvious differences. Caveat: I don't use the Remote, so any problems related to that are unlikely to affect me.

I have the same setup, updated to 7... and then rolled back to 6.

Just far too many bugs and issues in the current beta IMO, especially if you're playing it live.

I still experience a lot of freezes on my powerHead running 7.0.4 when connected to RM (on a Mac) and a Remote.

Sometimes even after RM has been closed but making sure that you don’t have the same performance on screen in both RM and the Kemper helps.

As before, using elimination techniques like that can provide a workflow that stops the unit crashing constantly.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• A lot of people expect a solid software from a Beta .. but you know.. it's a BETA. and Bugs will occur... one way or other.

the objetive here its to report all those bugs to developer guys at kemper to release a soon as possible the stable final software.

I would not indicate for those who are doing gigs .. or something, to use a beta system, where you need something STABLE.

• As mentioned before, this BETA leads a double life. It is not BETA on the Stage where it has exactly the same problems and more.

It was not advertised as a BETA product and is not STABLE yet after nearly a month so some complaining is certainly to be expected.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Thanks all- guess I'll wait a bit.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• 7.0.5 Just Released.. that was fast...

Release Notes For Stage:

Code
    Release  7.0.5

-added: selecting a performance with TYPE PUSH
    -added: selecting backups with TYPE and BROWSE
    -fixed: MIDI THRU assertion
    -added: S/PDIF slave mode
    -fixed: periodic audio artefacts
    -fixed: MIDI clock send

Release Notes For Head/Rack

Code
    Release  7.0.5