OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• CelticGibson , if it records properly via S/PDIF, and sounds good in the process, that's all that matters right?

We can still set S/PDIF to also produce a DI track too, that we can use to re-amp with 1/4" or XLR. It would be nice to re-amp with S/PDIF too, but I'm happy with this.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Are you sure your interface doesn't have some sort of auto sync, Janne?

Well, it's an old Focusrite PRO 40 and I've never seen any mention of an auto-sync feature. And I usually get clicks when I've not sync it against the KPA as master. I don't bother to do that unless I'm in recording mode...

... and yes, I've been forced to redo some recordings when I've had forgotten to sync properly. :saint:

• Well, it's an old Focusrite PRO 40 and I've never seen any mention of an auto-sync feature. And I usually get clicks when I've not sync it against the KPA as master. I don't bother to do that unless I'm in recording mode...

... and yes, I've been forced to redo some recordings when I've had forgotten to sync properly. :saint:

Thank you for clarifying, Janne.

Sometimes when the Interface FS is larger then KPA SPDIF OUT FS I also get less clicks. So for example KPA may have FS 44,1 kHz and Interface 88,2 kHz which is 2x multiplier.

Indeed, Damian. Double the rate on the interface means twice the likelihood of a bit falling "on the beat", so to speak, 'cause the time-division lengths are halved.

• KAOS 7.0.5 with Rig Manager 2.3.10 is working pretty well here.

Ran into one bug I think. Export Rig to Browse Pool from a performance doesn’t seem to work. Can anyone else confirm? It acts like it did it but I switch to Browse mode and it’s not there.

• I tried moving and duplicating slots in a performance yesterday on 7.0.5 and it was a mess.

Just part of the rig copied while others parts/fx stuck as if locked.

I tried to find a workflow to avoid the bug but could not find one.

I remember having similar problems years ago and got the expert advice to not use the RM to build performances, only the KPA itself.

I guess that still stands today.

Also RM still crashing frequently on a Mac but the Stage no longer freezing when it happens.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Ran into one bug I think. Export Rig to Browse Pool from a performance doesn’t seem to work. Can anyone else confirm? It acts like it did it but I switch to Browse mode and it’s not there.

I have had no problems at all exporting to Browse pool, acts like it always has.

Gary ô¿ô

• I'm running 7.0.5.14942B and RM 2.3.10.14949. I'm having an issue where when I preview performances from RM the amps/effects don't change. I have double checked that nothing is locked. However, after I copy a performance to my Kemper it works as expected. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• I have had no problems at all exporting to Browse pool, acts like it always has.

It’s there. My bad.

It was under the original Rig’s name and not my given name. But I had to scroll to it to find it. I’m almost sure that in previous OS’s when I exported it and switched to Browse mode, it was pulled up ready to go...

• 7.0.5 RM crashed on me tonight. Just once, and it reloaded just fine on a High Sierra OS.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• PROFILER Operating System 7.0.6 has been released

Here's what has changed:

-fixed: Power cycling honours play mode (Stage)

-fixed: Ground lift related improvements (Stage)

-fixed: S/PDIF slave related improvements

-fixed: Issue related to output volumes (Stage)

Best, use Rig Manager 2.3.10 in combination with OS 7.0.6

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Hi @G String is there a reason why it’s not being announced here? Or is it not a public beta release?

Announcements from Kemper

• Can anyone comment on this...

In Rig Manager with 2 windows open, I drug a Rig from Local Library to slot 1 of a performance I had open in the 2nd window to see if it would work. It did. Hooray.

But... after switching performances and switching back, it’s still there. I did not Store anything. I even turned it off and back on. Still there. I also have the little “E” like it’s been edited but recalling it doesn’t change anything. Undo is not lit up as an option.

I don’t know that it’s a 7.0.5/2.3.10 issue but I’ve never run into before. Anyone care to try? Don’t try it on a performance you care about haha. Luckily, I did not either.

• I agree with Deej09 regarding Kemper moderators not publishing update posts on Announcements from Kemper.

I always try to keep up with updates there.

In these times of rapid updates with fixes in OS7 and RM (to go with OS), it’s quite hard to follow by scrolling this post and the RM post to stay updated.

@G String Now we really need the latest announcements in one place.

Keep up the good work.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• In these times of rapid updates with fixes in OS7 and RM (to go with OS), it’s quite hard to follow by scrolling this post and the RM post to stay updated.

KriGro - you will not have this issue when you simply use Rig Manager to update. It'll show you a new version automatically. In difference to a post at a specific place you don't have to look for it. The main announcements will continue of course.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here