OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• RM alerted me when it booted that there was an RM update and it required 7.07 firmware. So I updated rig manager then did a software update search and it brought up the 7.07 and asked if I wanted to update. Yes. After a few minutes it was done. Fairly painless on my end.

• No acoustic simulation yet. Hopefully in a update within short. But maybe Kemper has to focus on RM 3 first.

I got the information that they will release the acoustic simulation in one of the next releases when they have a stable version 7.x

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Don't know if this has been mentioned before...

With OS 7 : when browsing and tweaking the profiles that are on my Kemper via Rig Manager and hit store, I'm only able to "store as". This means that I'm not able to replace the existing profile on my Kemper.

Anyone else noticed this?

With OS 7 : when browsing and tweaking the profiles that are on my Kemper via Rig Manager and hit store, I'm only able to "store as". This means that I'm not able to replace the existing profile on my Kemper.

Same for me. It seems all rigs from rig manager are edited as "preview", even the ones stored in the profiler . I've just added a feature request. Don't know if it's OS 7 related ?

• Well, I installed 7.0.7 yesterday and again (in a previous OS beta) it seems to have killed the sound from my spdif. Guess I will have to downgrade to the previous version but slightly sucky as I guess I will need reinstall RM and resort/add all the profiles again... :/

Edit:

Well, this is strange... I reverted back to 6.0, still no sound. But I could see there was an insignal to the Kemper. OK, I will connect my headphones to the Kemper headphone jack. As soon as I unplugged the headphones from the soundcard (Focusrite Scarlett 6i6) I had sound out again. Huh?

Plugged in the headphone to the soundcard - still sound. Very mucho weird, no idea what happend here but now I gotta try installing 7.0.7 again!

This is currently a known limitation and it always has been. Store has never been referencing to a Rig in the PROFILER's browse pool, if loaded via Rig Manager. Before OS 7.0 the last Rig loaded via front panel could have been overwritten. If you for example loaded Rig "A" via front panel and then previewed Rig "S" via Rig Manager and selected Store/Replace, it replaced Rig "A" and as a result you lost Rig "A" and got two Rigs "S".

The fact, that now there is just "Store As" available, makes this limitation explicit and avoids accidental overwrites.

• Ahhhh. I had issues with this lately as well, in the sence that I could not load rigs in browser mode via RM from the local library and store (replace) changes. I could, however, access rigs from RM that were stored on the Kemper and replace them. Therefore, I dealt with this by copying the rig onto the Kemper, made changes there and then copied back to the local library where I keep my profiles.

From Burhard's comment above it doesn't sound like this limitation is about to go away soon, even though with the soon-to-be-upgraded Editor, users are likely to use RM even more to load and tweak profiles. Is there a smarter way to deal with this limitation? Is it better to keep profiles on the Kemper than on the local library?

• This is currently a known limitation and it always has been. Store has never been referencing to a Rig in the PROFILER's browse pool, if loaded via Rig Manager. Before OS 7.0 the last Rig loaded via front panel could have been overwritten. If you for example loaded Rig "A" via front panel and then previewed Rig "S" via Rig Manager and selected Store/Replace, it replaced Rig "A" and as a result you lost Rig "A" and got two Rigs "S".

The fact, that now there is just "Store As" available, makes this limitation explicit and avoids accidental overwrites.

Danke Burkhard

I wasn't event aware of this limitation. I never noticed a profile being overwritten. Guess I'll just have to change my habits...

Yes the same here..I have mentioned it many times since OS 7 and then. When tweaking a rig, then I get only store as, no other option. So I changed and stayed to OS 6 that works perfect. I also had problems with OS 7 with not loading rigs from RigManager. I was getting a message that the file was not the right..something, I don't remember exactly!