OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Has there been any mention of what new OD stomps might be added in forthcoming updates, if any? I'd love a Boss SD-1 instead of the DS-1 that's currently in there.

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Today with Beta 7.0.7 on my toaster and Rig Manager 2.3.12, USB froze as did my Kemper. I was browsing new profiles in Rig Manager with the down arrow on my keyboard and there must have been an overrun as RM then selected each profile down to the bottom.

All the knobs and buttons were frozen on my Kemper and switching off took about 1 minute to respond after I rebooted my computer.

• I finally upgraded to the latest beta yesterday (from 6.something) after a period of gigging and just generally having little time. I love the new effect browsing system, no-one is going to confuse the Type and Browse knobs anymore now that they work together so logically.

Then I spent a couple of hours just playing and finally exploring the delay and reverb presets, which is so much nicer to do now (and also because I've recently started connecting the Main outputs again at home, after using only S/PDIF for a long time, which had the drawback that I had to start up my studio computer and Ableton to be able to hear myself, which usually meant I'd be purposely recording something, while having the analog outputs plugged in as well allows for direct monitoring, and thus encourages aimless noodling with just a guitar and the Kemper from time to time, and I'd almost forgotten how nice that is! Seriously, make sure your setup allows it).

• PROFILER Operating System 7.0.8.15017/15018

fixed: missing Rigs when previewing Performances via Rig Manager

fixed: reliability of Rig Manager notifications

fixed: clear morph function for EQ merged into amp module at Stage

fixed: potential stack overflow after large number of Rig changes via MIDI

fixed: occasional issues to export Rigs

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• At last. Now I will try on my powered rack over the weekend....:thumbup: thanks Burkhard, I just wasn’t comfortable that the beta for classic systems was not announced in this section of the forum. Even better it’s a full release..

Edited once, last by Deej09 ().

• How do they always manage to release a cool beta right before a gig? :)

Looking forward to trying it out as soon as I can.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• How can the same software be in a beta state for hardware A and in a release state for hardware B ?
    I would understand if hardware B was older than hardware A, so you could say that the software is beta for the new hardware because of the new features. But since as we know, the stage is the new hardware, this doesn't make any sense.

The reasoning is that it was not possible to sell a device with only beta software, so they decided to call it release instead, but the stage is indeed sold with beta software. Which makes me think the stage release was rushed (for financial reasons ? ).

• Which makes me think the stage release was rushed (for financial reasons ? ).

I am a digital dummie but even I know now in 2019 that everything digital/computer-like tool/programme is "rushed" when it is thrown out into the world market.

Whatever teething problems the stage has now..it will be solved.Make no mistake.This is out of question.

• How can the same software be in a beta state for hardware A and in a release state for hardware B ?
    I would understand if hardware B was older than hardware A, so you could say that the software is beta for the new hardware because of the new features. But since as we know, the stage is the new hardware, this doesn't make any sense.

The reasoning is that it was not possible to sell a device with only beta software, so they decided to call it release instead, but the stage is indeed sold with beta software. Which makes me think the stage release was rushed (for financial reasons ? ).

We will see betas for the stage as well, when they’ve hit a stable first release for it.