OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Updated Toaster to 7.0.9 with RM 2.3.13 (Win 10).

Worked flawless on first try, no hick-ups or strange messages.

Disconnected RM and fiddled with some knobs to see if everything looked normal.

So far nothing strange?

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• I was prompted to update to 7.0.9 from 7.0.8, as soon as I selected yes and the upgrade was in progress, I was then prompted to install RM 2.3.13. I waited until 7.0.9 finished, and then installed RM 2.3.13, from 2.3.12. No problems.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Updated my Rack from the last 6.xx release to 7.09.

Updated from a USB stick as I always do, it went smoothly. Actually quicker than I expected.

Connected my Remote after update was complete, the Remote updated as well with no issue.

Everything’s working as before, all Rigs and performances still there. Loving the new effects menu layout, easy to navigate.

I also update my rig manager to the latest 2.3.13 and the connected my Kemper. No issues found so far.

??

• THANK YOU KEMPER!!

For all the whining I've done in the past about the interface and software, this is a BIG DEAL. That effects menu is a thing of beauty. With 2 knobs you can zoom in quickly for a preset.

props to all the engineers working to make the Kemper better.

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools
    But that's the way I like it baby
    I don't wanna live forever

• Also interesting that the stage’s own OS is larger nearly double?

That would for example be the case if you compile the same code for 32 and 64-bit instruction-sets. We know there are other differences in hardware (S/PDIF) so maybe the CPU has been upgraded too? (pure speculation on my part)

• Newest public OS 6 ->7.0.9 didn't go all that smoothly for me. After the RM+KPA updates, KPA got stuck in the startup phase while loading Midi table. After manually restarting KPA again all user data was gone. -> Needed to restore the data from backup, but now it seems that all is ok in the end.

• I believe some of these problems are happening because the user has a lot of profiles in kemper, I usually have 20 profiles and 50 performances, while in my rig manager has more than 50k profiles

Newest public OS 6 ->7.0.9 didn't go all that smoothly for me. After the RM+KPA updates, KPA got stuck in the startup phase while loading Midi table. After manually restarting KPA again all user data was gone. -> Needed to restore the data from backup, but now it seems that all is ok in the end.

Kemper Rack with Remote

Bogner Duende 24W
    Focusrite 6i6

• I believe some of these problems are happening because the user has a lot of profiles in kemper, I usually have 20 profiles and 50 performances, while in my rig manager has more than 50k profiles

I had 50 profiles and 15 performances. And kpa was able to reload those after restore so probably some other ”majos glitch during update” like K-Team put it as user data should never be changed nor erased during update.

• Just Updated mine (doing a back up before hand on a usb stick) and everything went fine !
    All my performances are working fine. (Got scared because my remote was showing "Updating resources") though ! )

The preset management is so convenient now !

• I've had a few occasions where I've powered up my Kemper and there's been no sound. Twice this week. Each time required a reboot. Have also had it hang several times this week (I think always connected to my Mac by USB, though the Mac wasn't always powered on). Once it was just really really slow, so slow it looked like it hung, until I disconnected my Mac then it was back to normal, Mac wasn't even awake. Not sure if these are just life with a Mac connected, OS7 issues, or my Kemper - I'm new to Kemper and have only had it a couple of weeks.