OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Updating went ok and without a hitch. Played around for an hour or so and haven’t noticed any issues apart from a few small things already mentioned

It wouldn’t let me use rig manager to update as my OS was a little too old so I did the old fashion way using USB.

I’m liking the new effects format and how to navigate around.

As they say in Manchester ...sorted!

• Are you using PC or Mac? Does unplugging and re-plugging the KPA in to your PC/Mac do anything? Rebooting change anything?

Is it switching to different profiles, that feels slow? What's the slowest feature that you're seeing?

For the record: I'm not experiencing any problems or slowness with 7.1.0beta and RM 2.3.13.

It just freezes but it still playing. I think I forgot to say that it only happens when the Kemper is plugged into my Mac. I do have the latest RM, but this has been happening for some time. I use a laptop and Mac Pro and it happens in both. It works fine when I'm not plugged in. But the Kemper seems a bit sluggish. Perhaps getting rid of some profiles might help? But it was never an issue before. Weird.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• But the Kemper seems a bit sluggish. Perhaps getting rid of some profiles might help? But it was never an issue before. Weird.

George, as the OS grows it's gradually using more memory due to algorithmic and functionality additions, so if your Rig count is high I feel it could be the cause of the slowdown.

If you have a decent number of IR's loaded (as Kemper Cabs) and / or a huge number of FX Presets on the machine, these would contribute to the memory footprint as well.

Before rushing into deleting Rigs, Cabs and Presets 'though, I'd first conduct a chicken-knob-induced shutdown if you've been powering down by other means for an extended period as there's a possibility (purely speculation on my part) that the power-down routine could defragment / optimise your use of flash RAM.

If this doesn't help, and if subsequent thinning of your Rigs, Cabs and Presets doesn't either, then you'll at least know that this had nothing to do with it and that you're better-placed for future upgrades as far as onboard memory is concerned.

• I've had an alarming number of green screens of death in addition to the weird lockups. Never had any such problems with my Fractal. Hoping this all settles down with RM3 eventually appears.

• Thanks for the info. I do have a fair amount of IR's many which I don't need. I had my first big crash on the Kemper, the screen showed" something went wrong..." please contact ... I was getting a bit nervous, then I remember I backed up everything! I restarted it and it worked fine.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• I've had an alarming number of green screens of death in addition to the weird lockups. Never had any such problems with my Fractal. Hoping this all settles down with RM3 eventually appears.

Have you reported this as a help request ticket to the kemper guys?

• Set up at a show yesterday. First time using uno4kemper after updating to version 7... Volume and Wah pedal don't do anything. I spent the entire soundcheck trying to figure it out, calibrating the pedal and all sorts of stuff until I find out there's a beta version that fixes the exact problem. :S Man I would have loved an email about the an issue of that size as it was discovered.

• Just updated my Toaster to 7.0.9.15094 Release from 5.7.4 (via USB) and got an error message after it finished.

After hitting “EXIT” it restarted and looked OK except that all my "Browse" rigs have vanished....Performance mode is OK.

Tried doing a restore from a USB backup and got the same error message, and still no rigs in Browse.

Tried restoring from a Rig Manager backup using RM 2.3.13, no luck. No rigs appeared in MyProfiler in Rig Manager.

So basically I am unable to restore my Browse mode rigs from either USB or Rig Manager.

I thought I'd read about someone else having a similar problem but searching doesn't help me find it...any pointers please??

I'm tempted to go back to an earlier RM to see if I can recover them but thought I'd ask before I do that.

edit...(email sent to Kemper support)

Edited once, last by Gizmo ().

• Im also having lock up issues and uno4kemper problems, is there a link available anywhere for OS6? last stable version for me...

• I had an annoying issue this last Sunday, playing at church. Between songs I was in tuning mode, did some minor tweaks to get my guitar in tune. The B string would not read or settle, kept reading "C", meaning my B string was a half step out of tune.

Of course, as I was trying to figure out if the string really was tuned to C, the band started playing. The tuner kept oscillating wildly, alternately showing C then B, but would not settle on any one note. All I knew for certain was the guitar was waaayyy out of tune and I could not get it dialed in. Wisely decided not playing was better than playing out of tune, even though I was supposed to be driving the song.

When we finished and the stage volume was gone I continued to try to get a correct reading on the tuner. Turns out, even though the dial showed I was tuning to C, I was indeed tuning to B. So, if/when I got the tuner to say I was locked into C, I was in fact really locked in to B.

Now, this sort of behavior where the tuner sometimes shows the wrong note but tunes to the right note is not completely unknown. Many tuners I've used have sometimes briefly shown the wrong note, but those instances were fleeting. This is the first time the read out consistently showed the wrong note and would not settle at all.

I don't know if this is a bug in OS7 or just a random, one off. Reporting it here in case others experience the same.

• Have you reported this as a help request ticket to the kemper guys?

No, I have not yet. Thought I would try the forum first. I have a gig coming soon so I’ll have to wait since it only happens when I’m using my computer connecting via USB.

• No, I have not yet. Thought I would try the forum first. I have a gig coming soon so I’ll have to wait since it only happens when I’m using my computer connecting via USB.

I think it’s still worth reporting just in case?

Edited once, last by Deej09 ().

• Rearranging performances is a disaster as it just keeps duplicating the name of them and moving them into the wrong position

Same performance arranging issue here (using kpa front panel). The duplicate names can be cleared but you need to scroll up and down seemingly randomly to do it. It's all a bit of a mess tbh. Had mine lock up on me twice while in the arrange menu also, requiring a reboot. Went back to fw 6 till it's all solid.

• Same performance arranging issue here (using kpa front panel). The duplicate names can be cleared but you need to scroll up and down seemingly randomly to do it. It's all a bit of a mess tbh. Had mine lock up on me twice while in the arrange menu also, requiring a reboot. Went back to fw 6 till it's all solid.

how can i get back to latest stable OS 6? Im getting a lot of midi bugs from program changes

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Crashes and freezes while plugged USB to rig manager and making MIDI Program changes thru Logic Pro X. On Latest Beta

Open a support ticket please! We need them to iron out all of these bugs. For me the 7.1 beta seems solid, and i use MIDI automation from sequencer a lot! But i'm on a Kemper Stage since a couple of weeks so maybe it's different for you.

• Open a support ticket please! We need them to iron out all of these bugs. For me the 7.1 beta seems solid, and i use MIDI automation from sequencer a lot! But i'm on a Kemper Stage since a couple of weeks so maybe it's different for you.

I'm with an unpowered head but also use a lot of midi automation ... gotta love the preset interface but its a mess OS7 as of now.

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Just updating from 5.7 to 7.0.9....wish me luck!

So my powered toaster of 6 1/2 yrs developed "issues" which required me to send to Nashville for repair. Since I still have gigs/rehearsals in the meantime, I opted to purchase a new head. It came with 5.7 which I also updated to 7.0.9, which was working until recently just fine.

Well I did the firmware update and then a Restore of my last backup from the day I received my new head. The strangest thing occurred (at least to me)... all my rigs were there, all my Performances EXCEPT for Performance #1 - which covers 75% of my songs in all groups. In its place were 5 rigs I've never even seen before (factory presets I presume). I lost my main performance and had to search and recreate it. What's with that? Why would a "Restore" not actually restore everything?

Gary ô¿ô