OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• So my powered toaster of 6 1/2 yrs developed "issues" which required me to send to Nashville for repair. Since I still have gigs/rehearsals in the meantime, I opted to purchase a new head. It came with 5.7 which I also updated to 7.0.9, which was working until recently just fine.

Well I did the firmware update and then a Restore of my last backup from the day I received my new head. The strangest thing occurred (at least to me)... all my rigs were there, all my Performances EXCEPT for Performance #1 - which covers 75% of my songs in all groups. In its place were 5 rigs I've never even seen before (factory presets I presume). I lost my main performance and had to search and recreate it. What's with that? Why would a "Restore" not actually restore everything?

That’s really weird. Mine where all there - I must have been lucky. I agree restore by definition means it should restore everything.

Did you have back ups of performances saved in RM so you can move over as copy/paste? If so did you try that also?

• Did you have back ups of performances saved in RM so you can move over as copy/paste?

Well I had a RM backup and I thought all performances would all be backed up in that, not a specific backup for each performance. I didn't know you could do that. How does one do that?

Gary ô¿ô

• Man, sorry to hear that prsgary . For various reasons, once the new editor comes out and (assuming I am able to) I have updated to the latest, I am thinking of wiping the slate clean and start building performances from scratch, but I would hate to be forced into that situation if I ran into the same, or similar issues. I may have to wait a bit more until things are stable I guess. Fortunately, I am sort of in between projects and looking to reinvent myself, so maybe timing is everything...

• Well I had a RM backup and I thought all performances would all be backed up in that, not a specific backup for each performance. I didn't know you could do that. How does one do that?

Actually it all should have been backed up. Therefore let support check your backup.

As for saving single performances: In RM you can just drag them over (from your machine to a folder in RM).

• Actually it all should have been backed up. Therefore let support check your backup.

As for saving single performances: In RM you can just drag them over (from your machine to a folder in RM).

Well I had a RM backup and I thought all performances would all be backed up in that, not a specific backup for each performance. I didn't know you could do that. How does one do that?

What Ingolf said...

If I do a performance in the kemper I find that in RM and copy onto a folder in RM just in case . If that makes sense.

• I might be missing something here - but why can I not copy performances from my local machine to the profiler? I swear I could drag and drop them....

Drag and drop doesn’t work because the Profiler wouldn’t know the location you want to drop the performance in.

Do the copy & paste instead. Paste to the desired location on the Profiler.

• Drag and drop doesn’t work because the Profiler wouldn’t know the location you want to drop the performance in.

Do the copy & paste instead. Paste to the desired location on the Profiler.

Tanks - I ended up having to preview each performance and then pressing 'Store' on the Kemper.... took bloody ages.

• I might be missing something here - but why can I not copy performances from my local machine to the profiler? I swear I could drag and drop them....

Drag & Drop, nope. To my knowledge that's never worked.

What I do in RM is copy, click performances on my KPA, right paste . No need to hit store that I've ever found.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Latest beta 7.1.1.15153B

Edited:

I noticed when I set ....

Nvm- I had a blond moment...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited 2 times, last by spikey ().

You can set how long it takes to change parameters for the morph thing

I didnt know that you could do this, but what happened was it was switching "instantly", and when I went back to the same patch later it started acting/morphing normally. I don't yet know why or how but it corrected itself.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• There is a very noticeable latency when switching slots in performance mode. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have not. This weekend everything was instant slot-to-slot. I'm on 7.0.9.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche