OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Turns out I do have both the In and Out S/PDIF cables connected to my AI (18i8) here. I'm not using the DAW out/KPA in channel, just have the cables plugged in to both channels.

At the friends house (6i6), I was connected to KPA Out only.

I'm not using the re-amp feature at all, but yes, with both S/PDIF cables connected, Internal sync works fine for me, at the moment.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Running latest OS for Windows. Updated last time, a few days ago. Was hoping it would fix the issue I had come up from the update prior. My favorites folder view isn't working. Either the Kemper thinks every rig is a favorite or none of them are. Seem to think it either made every preset a favorite, as if none were, going to that setting would show nothing. Anyone have a fix? If not, how do I go backwards with OS updates?

I just updated on Saturday and this is happening to me too...I cycled through to "My Rigs" (which I don't have anything in) and then when I went back to favorites it was working normal again. Also, several new rigs that I "favorited" weren't showing up but doing that helped that too. (I'm on Mac though FWIW)

On Sunday, everything seemed to be ok so maybe a power cycle helped?

• I had the same problem with Favorites yesterday.
    After the Kemper booted up, it was not on the rig previously chosen when i powered it off but on a random rig from my pool. The selector was on "favorites", but instead all rigs were displayed. I had to switch back and forth between different modes "own rigs/all/by author" then back on favorites for it to work.

Edited once, last by vjau75 ().

• Turns out I do have both the In and Out S/PDIF cables connected to my AI (18i8) here. I'm not using the DAW out/KPA in channel, just have the cables plugged in to both channels.

At the friends house (6i6), I was connected to KPA Out only.

I'm not using the re-amp feature at all, but yes, with both S/PDIF cables connected, Internal sync works fine for me, at the moment.

It's not about whether or not they're both connected, mate. I'm talking about not being able to monitor, without clicks and pops, the KPA's S/PDIF out whilst it's slaved (via S/PDIF) to your interface. That slaving will sync the KPA's S/PDIF input only. The only way to have both S/PDIF in and out synced properly is to set the KPA as master and your AI as slave.

As I said to Kempermaniac:

If it's the S/PDIF out from the KPA to the AI, the AI will have to be set as the slave (external clock) and the Kemper to master (internal clock). In this case, you'll be able to listen to both the KPA's S/PDIF in and out without issues.

• It's not about whether or not they're both connected, mate. I'm talking about not being able to monitor, without clicks and pops, the KPA's S/PDIF out whilst it's slaved (via S/PDIF) to your interface. That slaving will sync the KPA's S/PDIF input only. The only way to have both S/PDIF in and out synced properly is to set the KPA as master and your AI as slave.

As I said to Kempermaniac:

If it's the S/PDIF out from the KPA to the AI, the AI will have to be set as the slave (external clock) and the Kemper to master (internal clock). In this case, you'll be able to listen to both the KPA's S/PDIF in and out without issues.

I've got it, believe me.

Focusrite 18i8 set to Internal clock sync, KPA plugged to S/PDIF IN and OUT - no clicks, no pops - happy, thanks. Not reamping.

Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I've got it, believe me.

Focusrite 18i8 set to Internal clock sync, KPA plugged to S/PDIF IN and OUT - no clicks, no pops - happy, thanks.

Yes - it is possible . But this is just coincidence that your interface clock is so close to the KPA clock. Just pure luck. Keep in mind this can be

temperature dependent.

• I've got it, believe me.

Focusrite 18i8 set to Internal clock sync, KPA plugged to S/PDIF IN and OUT - no clicks, no pops - happy, thanks. Not reamping.

If you're able to use the S/PDIF out from the Kemper whilst it's synced to your AI using the S/PDIF input without issues, as Damian and I have mentioned earlier, luck must be on your side.

I'm very interested to hear how long this works for you, JSB. If you don't mind, please keep us updated, mate. :/

• I thought this was bizarre too, seriously. This also worked once before, with 7.0.5.

To make things even stranger, I'm running 96KHz both here, and at the friends house - same result. I hope this becomes a feature, and not a serendipitous bug.

• You mean analogue out from the Kemper, Stephan?

Sorry for the late response. No, I mean S/PDIF. To be honest I'm not monitoring very often via S/PDIF. I remember some occasional clicks but it didn't bother me much. Most of the time I'm monitoring via Monitor Out to CLR.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I thought this was bizarre too, seriously. This also worked once before, with 7.0.5.

I hope this becomes a feature, and not a serendipitous bug.

I’m sure many would also hope so (me included)

However, as CK has said on a number of occasions that it will never be possible due to hardware limitations, I think it might be safer to err on the side of serendipity ?

• @Mods

Is it possible to have an update on the acoustic simulator?Is it "ready" and will come soon or is it still far away?Some information would be nice.

I am really trying to be patient about this one but I can't hide that some info would be nice since I "really need something like this"..

So again..please dear Kemper-team..some update would be nice.I was on the verge to get me another acoustic SIM since the end of 2018 but I did not proceed when it was announced early this yyear.I don't need an exact release date.Just something like "it is planned to be released this year.." etc would be nice.

• OK updated my power rack , I do notice (every update) that the kemper won't finish it' s cycle unless rig manager is closed (or not even running)

I also noticed (as with the previous release) that stomp and FX presets are not stored !! This is only the case when not renaming them and keep them named as "stomp preset" and "effects preset" , changing one character is enough to store it !!

Anyone else noticed this ? please try !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp