OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• This looks like a MIDI issue,

did you select the profile with a MIDI floorboard ?

This is a C++ pointer exeption when trying to read a midi message.
    Line 716 in Program file persistence.cpp CRC checksum failed.

Please send this to kemper - support.

Be the force with you ;)

• I got the same thing, and I have done nothing midi whatsoever. Sent it to Kemper the other day, hopefully they get it fixed by next beta. My Zeppelin IV performance cannot be used currently.

• Just encountered my first crash with the latest beta ! Selecting LL liquid lead profile crashes my powered rack!

Raf

This profile is damaged beyond repair then - it also should not have been in the Profiler at all.

Please open a support ticket. Attach the diagnostic support profile. This can be created by putting in an USB drive into the profilers USB port and holding [STORE] during bootup. A file will be created on the USB drive then.

• This looks like a MIDI issue,

did you select the profile with a MIDI floorboard ?

This is a C++ pointer exeption when trying to read a midi message.
    Line 716 in Program file persistence.cpp CRC checksum failed.

Please send this to kemper - support.

Nope with the remote !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• This profile is damaged beyond repair then - it also should not have been in the Profiler at all.

Please open a support ticket. Attach the diagnostic support profile. This can be created by putting in an USB drive into the profilers USB port and holding [STORE] during bootup. A file will be created on the USB drive then.

done ... however just mailed to support instead of opening support ticket !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Interesting, should newer kemper OS versions will be incompatible with old profiles?

No incompatibilities have been announced yet. Not saying it can not or will not, but so far the software designers have not found it necessary to abandon any old profiles/rigs. Crashes are a different story. No profile/rig or any other data fed into the unit should make it crash no matter how badly twisted those data are. Most APIs can be abused and cause unintended behaviour with invalid combinations of parameters (garbage in gives garbage out), but any crash is a bug that needs to be addressed.

• Hi guys,

my bandmate and me are using Kemper racks in „perform-mode“ while changing banks & slots via midi-commands (program-changes) in Logic Pro X. We’re using a Miditech MIDIface 4x4 as our midi-interface. His midi-track and kemper are set to midi-channel 1, mine are set to midi-channel 2. We're correctly connected to the midi-interface.

Before the update to beta 7.1.7 on both Kempers, everything was working like a charm.

After updating we’re running into the following problem:

After some playing time (3-4 songs, order doesnt matter) his kemper starts to fail changing slots, banks or anything else, while showing the input of a midi-command on the display. This is also happening, when his kemper receives a fast (but not overlapping) number of program-changes or channel-changes. Sometimes his remote is „crashing“ too and starts to reboot. (Problem also appears when no remote is connected)

Problem can be solved for a short time through reboot or setting his kemper to browse-mode and back to perform-mode, but the error keeps repeating after the described process above (ca. 15min or the fast number of commands).

We've already:

-changed midi-cables

- reinstalled the MIDIface

- changed midi-channels (midi-output of his track in Logic and on the kemper)

Anybody ran into the same problem and/or can offer a solution?

Thanks in advance

• Start some MIDI monitor and check what is actually being sent through the wires. I had similar issue: remote and Kemper were misbehaving when too many MIDI messages were sent over the wire. Possible cause:

- MIDI loop - MIDI monitor will show this immediately (can happen if logic or some other device is echoing back Kemper's messages). Make sure track in logic is not armed (Logic auto-arms selected track).

- MIDI chase feature in Logic Pro X (try to disable it in project's preferences) - in my case this was the main issue. This feature replays some/all midi events at high speed whenever you move playhead, so all your connected devices / effects / notes can ring out correctly even if playhead passed the point where MIDI messages are defined - this is very useful in some cases but can easily crash Kemper (and Helix too, FWIW).

In any case: MIDI monitor should show you what is going on. Hope, you'll find the issue.

• Is there a list of bugs that were already posted? I am 100% positive that this has been posted before, but I think I found a bug yesterday that I haven't experienced before.

I had the editor open, and was in profiling mode. I went to turn off my Kemper, but hit the Performance Mode. Then I finally turned it off. and closed the editor.

When I restarted the Kemper into browse mode, then the editor, the last profile I made on the Kemper was titled with the name of the Performance slot that came on in the Performance that I stopped on. When I highlighted the profile, the information seemed to refresh to the correct information.

Has this been listed before?

• I went to jam with a drummer last night. When using my remote, and trying to switch performances, I got a weird flashing lights all across the remote. The performance HAD changed, but all options for the 1-5 switches were no longer available. I had to reboot. Using the buttons on the Kemper itself avoided the issue.

• Hi all,

Today i was in performance mode switching through cabs at some point i tried to load a new performance and kemper was not responding, i closed rig manager and i noticed that on the kemper screen there was some text with an error message. Turned off the toaster, and it took some time for it to turn off . It booted ok thank god and all is fine. Just reporting.

Non powered toaster .