OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• However, I followed Roadrunner's advice and extracted the KAOS.bin from the zip file and copied only that the USB. It worked OK after that which is strange as lastnight updated to 7.1.10 straight from the zip file. He Ho, It's working now :)

there never was a way to upgrade straight from a zip file. you must have been dreaming ;)

Maybe it was Rig manager that was updated from the zip file, that you can do.

• Kemper release 7.1.11 doesn’t seem to reliably communicate with latest rig manager beta 3 anymore. When you select a profile in RM, the profile sometimes is selected in the Kemper but not always. About 50% of the time it doesn’t work. Anybody with the same problem ?

Release 7.1.8 with related RM release worked much better in selecting profiles.

• Kemper release 7.1.11 doesn’t seem to reliably communicate with latest rig manager beta 3 anymore. When you select a profile in RM, the profile sometimes is selected in the Kemper but not always. About 50% of the time it doesn’t work. Anybody with the same problem ?

Release 7.1.8 with related RM release worked much better in selecting profiles.

Hi there, i have the exact same results. Changes on the profiler or changes from the editor are not seen. The other problem I've seen is duplicating rigs doesn't work, when i duplicate a rig, i rename it and it disapears. I have to redo all my performances directly on my stage...

• Hi folks, just sharing my strange issue with Beta release 7.1.12 yesterday at rehearsal.

The issue occurred in performance mode.

We got through our songs a first time with no problems then we decided to go through them a second time. I did no editing between the first and second time and strangely my performance in slot 5 was now a duplicate of the one in slot 1 and the one that was originally in slot 5 had disappeared. I rebooted the Kemper and after that the performance in slot 5 was now a duplicated of the one in slot 6. So same performance in slot 5 & 6 and still no sign of the one that was originally in slot 5.

Today I reverted to OS 7.1.5 and restored my last backup from a USB stick and now everything is back to normal.

Btw my Profiler is the Power Head model.

Thought I should share.

• What about non beta version of the operating system ? On kemper website it's: "KEMPER Rig Manager™ 3.0.89 or higher is required to communicate with this operating system version."

What about people who still with the Rig manager 2 cause of their operating system, Will we be able to update our kemper and use rig manager with it or we have the double penalty ?? (no RM3 and no more Kemper updates if we want to still use RM)

• What about non beta version of the operating system ? On kemper website it's: "KEMPER Rig Manager™ 3.0.89 or higher is required to communicate with this operating system version."

What about people who still with the Rig manager 2 cause of their operating system, Will we be able to update our kemper and use rig manager with it or we have the double penalty ?? (no RM3 and no more Kemper updates if we want to still use RM)

If you want a non beta RM then you need 2.3.14 release. No, it doesn't have an editor, nor does it work with the beta versions of the OS. You should use 7.1.5. The whole point of the newer betas is to make a fully integrated system. It's tricky at the moment for all that are trying the betas.

The thing is that im not on RM3 cause it's not available for my operating system.

Which operating system are you referring to here ... your Kemper or your computer?

There haven't been RM (or kpa) OS updates notifications for a while, BUT, You can download RM from the website and use its installer onto your computer and also download the KPA OS and install it via a USB drive in to the KPA

• trangely my performance in slot 5 was now a duplicate of the one in slot 1 and the one that was originally in slot 5 had disappeared

I did not experience with 7.1.12, but had it also with 7.1.11. The changelog for 7.1.12 described this problem as resolved. So my conclusion is: the error is resolved SOMEHOW, in certain contexts, but not IN ALL. This may show that the internals of software may be of problematic design, repeating code places? And Kemper is fixing holes which are not really well understood.

• If you want a non beta RM then you need 2.3.14 release. No, it doesn't have an editor, nor does it work with the beta versions of the OS. You should use 7.1.5. The whole point of the newer betas is to make a fully integrated system. It's tricky at the moment for all that are trying the betas.

Which operating system are you referring to here ... your Kemper or your computer?

There haven't been RM (or kpa) OS updates notifications for a while, BUT, You can download RM from the website and use its installer onto your computer and also download the KPA OS and install it via a USB drive in to the KPA

It's not that I want non beta but the beta is not working with RM2, the Os I spoke about is from my computer (Mac OSX 10.9.5)

I wanted to be sure that I will able to use RM2 AND futur Kemper OS cause it's already very sad that I can't use RM3 and if future OS are not working anymore with RM2...