OS7 Public Beta Discussion

  • Assuming they can be repaired and they are not “considered corrupted” as they are when you got them.


    It would be a real pain to lose the money spent in rigs just because now Kemper says they are corrupted (and I’ve used them until now with no problem).

  • This is what I read in the debug:


    80|Found 68 elements in KPA in section 1

    3|27 elements to delete because they are not present in KPA anymore


    It would be enough to hilight the ones that the RM is going to delete at least to have evidence of what is happening.

  • I have a KPA at home and another one in the rehearsal studio. Used to keep them synchronized by backup/restore. No issue until I installed the beta OS version on the device at home.


    After restoring from a backup I made with 7.1.14 I noticed several performances were missing on the KPA that runs 7.1.5. Seemingly some if not all rigs that have been modified on the 7.1.14 system cannot be imported to 7.1.5.


    Christian

  • For me, the ' corrupt' rigs don't get deleted from the profiler. I just cannot load them anymore via RM or from the Kemper UI itself.

  • Release 7.1.14 and RM 3.0.90 still has the same issue for me, but I noticed that only certain rigs in the ' MyProfiler' folder of RM do not get selected. And then I noticed that the same rigs can also not be selected via the browse - load buttons on the Kemper itself.
    So I assume it is more likely a rig corruption issue and not so much an RM-Kemper communication issue.

    After restoring a backup I made before starting to play with RM3.0, all my rigs are accessible again, on both Kemper OS 7.1.14 (via UI) and via Rig Manager 3.0.90. So I guess one of the Beta releases corrupted some of them. And it was not OS 7.1.14.

  • Whoa. Way bigger problem. I’m missing SEVERAL performances!


    Upon further inspection, they say “New Performance” but the first slot is how it should be (minus the name). But then the rest of the slots and blank. This is a huge frickin’ bug wow.

  • Whoa. Way bigger problem. I’m missing SEVERAL performances!


    Upon further inspection, they say “New Performance” but the first slot is how it should be (minus the name). But then the rest of the slots and blank. This is a huge frickin’ bug wow.

    I’m missing several rigs and some performances, too.
    The last 2 betas are the ones that are causing most problems by now.

  • I’ve already downgraded and, even though my missing performances did not come back when I reverted to my last RM backup, I’m pretty sure I have older backups that will have them.


    It was also loading random performances in the wrong slots. I’d double click on 5, for instance, and it then said 27 where the 5 was and pulled up performance 27. I had to scroll the knob on the Kemper to 5 to pull up the real 5.


    Some big misfires, here. I’m pretty shocked.

  • Whoa. Way bigger problem. I’m missing SEVERAL performances!


    Upon further inspection, they say “New Performance” but the first slot is how it should be (minus the name). But then the rest of the slots and blank. This is a huge frickin’ bug wow.

    I noticed that as well, but when I restored my rigs and performances from before RM3.0 experiments and restarted, everything was OK again. SO i'm not sure it was this latest Beta (OS 7.1.14) that caused it.

  • Now, the question should be: what is a corrupt rig?

    Yes, and how did it get corrupted ?


    In the case of commercial rigs I assume the deleted rig(s) worked fine at some point. To my knowledge there has not yet been announced any changes that would make old rigs obsolete. Judging by comments and the progress in this thread I don't think this software deserve more than an alpha-tag yet. A beta is supposed to be feature-complete. The ability to preserve old data, and if necessary and possible convert to new formats, should be pretty high on the list of features to complete for any software-release. (Disclaimer: I haven't tried the "beta" myself yet.)

  • Whoa. Way bigger problem. I’m missing SEVERAL performances!


    Upon further inspection, they say “New Performance” but the first slot is how it should be (minus the name). But then the rest of the slots and blank. This is a huge frickin’ bug wow.

    I had that and then they seemed to magically re-appear so not sure what was going on.

  • I've sent a detailed report to the support via email now timo @G String . I've reported:


    Once again, after the update I have some rigs deleted automatically. They are always the same. I've tried restoring from a backup or importing them again from the original files. So now I can provide:

    1. PDF with evidence of the ones deleted - I exported to CSV before and after update, THIS is thee only way to check the ones deleted, work on Excel.
    2. The rigs deleted
    3. Backup before update and after update

    I tried to restore the backup to "before the update" but looks like the missing rigs are not there...or at least the backup don't get me back to the ones I had.


    Thanks