OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• I just upgraded to 7.1.17. As the profiler was updating, I was reading through these threads. I saw the loss of Rigs and was able to copy my 79 rigs just before the update completed. Thank God I did because I lost 7 of my rigs. I was able to copy them back and they all still worked. Thank goodness for this forum. Thanks for all your posts!

• Ok, this is a good news. So there will be a way to use them!
    thanks!

They might have been corrupted by one of the other Betas, and the new release deletes them because they are in fact corrupt ?

If this is the case, you might have to go back to a backup from before OS/RM Betas. Or get them from the original pack you bought them from.
    That seemed to work for me at least .... ymmv ....

• They might have been corrupted by one of the other Betas, and the new release deletes them because they are in fact corrupt ?

If this is the case, you might have to go back to a backup from before OS/RM Betas. Or get them from the original pack you bought them from.
    That seemed to work for me at least .... ymmv ....

No, it’s not my case. I tried with backup, copy/paste the files and restoring the original files from the zip file I bought.

Anyway I submitted a ticket and they told me that they can reproduce the issue, so now they are investigating.

Finger crossed.

• I just updated from 7.1.7 to 7.1.18 and I lost a bunch of rigs and my performances were messed up. After restoring from backup I just made previous to this update ALL of my performance information is gone. Please advise on how I might get them back. As I said I made a profiler backup to USB and I made a rig manager backup to my PC just prior to the update.

• Also now when I restore it still says 7.1.18. This is not making me happy. :(

OS information is not stored in the backup. By restoring a backup you are not changing the OS version that you have installed. So you should go back to a previous version of the OS first and THEN restore your backup.

I think you should open a ticket with support so in the first place they can help you to fix the problem, but also this bug is reported to them in order to fix it for future updates. That is the purpose of a BETA version. Not making you happy.

• Just updated to the last OS and find something very strange:

With rig manager connected to the Stage, in Performance mode: I'm in any slot and switch some effects on or off. Then I change to another slot, and when I go back to the first slot, the effects are not as I saved in the Performance, but in the last state I switched them.

When I switch Rig Manager off, things work normally: When I change slots, things are the way I saved them.

I think it would be nice to be able to choose between both behaviours (I've thought about that earlier in time). I don't know it this is a new feature.

Thank you.

• I have 7.1.18 and 3.0.96.

In my case behavior is always the same with RM or directly in the Kemper not connected to RM.

And it has changed from the traditional behavior of going back to stored values once you go out of a slot and then come back to it.

Now it keeps the last value as long as you don't change to another Performance. Even if I go to Browser mode, when I come back to Performance Mode without loading other performance, the last values are kept and don't go to the stored ones.

• A lot of people fell over the default behavior with the Stage and talked about "loosing the edits".

So for now, when Rig Manager is connected, the "fast slot switch" that discards edits (enabling/disabling stomps is an edit) is replaced by the edits itself. This way, you can edit your performances with RM and have the old behavior in live situations (no RM).

We will discuss about an option switch for this.

• A lot of people fell over the default behavior with the Stage and talked about "loosing the edits".

So for now, when Rig Manager is connected, the "fast slot switch" that discards edits (enabling/disabling stomps is an edit) is replaced by the edits itself. This way, you can edit your performances with RM and have the old behavior in live situations (no RM).

Hi timo and thanks for the clarification. Just for you to know that in my KPA the new behavior happens even without being connected to RM or any other controller, as I explained in the post previous to yours.

Thank you very much, Timo.

That option switch would be fantastic.