OS7 Public Beta Discussion

• Ok, this is a good news. So there will be a way to use them!
    thanks!

They might have been corrupted by one of the other Betas, and the new release deletes them because they are in fact corrupt ?

If this is the case, you might have to go back to a backup from before OS/RM Betas. Or get them from the original pack you bought them from.
    That seemed to work for me at least .... ymmv ....

• They might have been corrupted by one of the other Betas, and the new release deletes them because they are in fact corrupt ?

If this is the case, you might have to go back to a backup from before OS/RM Betas. Or get them from the original pack you bought them from.
    That seemed to work for me at least .... ymmv ....

No, it’s not my case. I tried with backup, copy/paste the files and restoring the original files from the zip file I bought.

Anyway I submitted a ticket and they told me that they can reproduce the issue, so now they are investigating.

Finger crossed.

• I just updated from 7.1.7 to 7.1.18 and I lost a bunch of rigs and my performances were messed up. After restoring from backup I just made previous to this update ALL of my performance information is gone. Please advise on how I might get them back. As I said I made a profiler backup to USB and I made a rig manager backup to my PC just prior to the update.

• Also now when I restore it still says 7.1.18. This is not making me happy. :(

OS information is not stored in the backup. By restoring a backup you are not changing the OS version that you have installed. So you should go back to a previous version of the OS first and THEN restore your backup.

I think you should open a ticket with support so in the first place they can help you to fix the problem, but also this bug is reported to them in order to fix it for future updates. That is the purpose of a BETA version. Not making you happy.

• Just updated to the last OS and find something very strange:

With rig manager connected to the Stage, in Performance mode: I'm in any slot and switch some effects on or off. Then I change to another slot, and when I go back to the first slot, the effects are not as I saved in the Performance, but in the last state I switched them.

When I switch Rig Manager off, things work normally: When I change slots, things are the way I saved them.

I think it would be nice to be able to choose between both behaviours (I've thought about that earlier in time). I don't know it this is a new feature.

Thank you.

• I have 7.1.18 and 3.0.96.

In my case behavior is always the same with RM or directly in the Kemper not connected to RM.

And it has changed from the traditional behavior of going back to stored values once you go out of a slot and then come back to it.

Now it keeps the last value as long as you don't change to another Performance. Even if I go to Browser mode, when I come back to Performance Mode without loading other performance, the last values are kept and don't go to the stored ones.

• A lot of people fell over the default behavior with the Stage and talked about "loosing the edits".

So for now, when Rig Manager is connected, the "fast slot switch" that discards edits (enabling/disabling stomps is an edit) is replaced by the edits itself. This way, you can edit your performances with RM and have the old behavior in live situations (no RM).

We will discuss about an option switch for this.

• A lot of people fell over the default behavior with the Stage and talked about "loosing the edits".

So for now, when Rig Manager is connected, the "fast slot switch" that discards edits (enabling/disabling stomps is an edit) is replaced by the edits itself. This way, you can edit your performances with RM and have the old behavior in live situations (no RM).

Hi timo and thanks for the clarification. Just for you to know that in my KPA the new behavior happens even without being connected to RM or any other controller, as I explained in the post previous to yours.

Thank you very much, Timo.

That option switch would be fantastic.

• I'll have to do a little more troubleshooting and get my pictures together and open a ticket, but I had some odd behavior this afternoon. I was trying to set up a few performances, and kept getting the green screen of death. I was trying to put a specific profile in a slot ( TownCar Cln 2 Trem ) . When I adjusted the tremolo, it had the rate between 0 and 10 and depth between 0 and 10 parameters. After having to recreate the performance several times, I gave up and selected a different profile. When I went to add a tremolo block in the mod slot, I noticed this tremolo had different rate controls. The rate looked something like what you would set a delay to with a tap tempo. There was no way to turn off tap tempo. I want to test this again, but think it may be related.

• I'm doubting the tremolo had anything to do with it. I was told why the parameters were behaving differently (tap tempo changes them). I had never used that effect before, on this unit.

I will try to update the Editor to the latest version, and see if I can reproduce the issue, as soon as possible. I do not want to update the Profiler OS until either the issue with deleting rigs/performances is gone or it at least produces a log of what it deleted. The log could be dumped to a text file on the Kemper, so at least I'd know what I needed to put back onto the Kemper. It also seems odd that the software would corrupt to performance multiple times. I was about to reproduce the problem several times in a row, after deleting the problem performance. I will let Kemper know if I can reproduce it with a new version.

Update: I didn't realize I'd have to update from 7.1.8.15579B to use the newest Rig Manager. I'm going to leave everything as is, until at least Saturday. I play out Friday night, and probably won't have enough time to troubleshoot until the weekend.

Has anyone confirmed that rolling back to the non-beta OS and then restoring the backup will actually get all of the deleted rigs back?

• There is a very noticeable latency when switching slots in performance mode. Has anyone else had this issue?

I agree with terich. I was on OS 7.1.18 and when switching between any of the 5 different slots of the same performance, I always had a latency before the choosen rig took effects. The latency varies between 158 and 570 ms, wich is not adequate when you want to switch between different parts of a song. Made differents tests, with or without rig spillover, with midi control instead of the remote, compared with other analog midi switching to make sure it's not the guitar player ;). I finally reverted to the latest official release 7.1.15 and latency disappeared.

I hope it will be fixed before the release of RM 3.

Claude