Having trouble with Slot Names vs Rig Names

• Hi and thanks in advance for any help. Describing everything that is going on would be a LOT of text, so I'll be brief and then answer any specific questions as they come up:

With my latest two performances, the rigs are randomly changing slots. I have saved them, of course, but when I come back to those performances, whether during the same session, or after the Profiler has been rebooted, the rigs "move" themselves to different slots. All of the rigs are there, but they are are not in the slots I originally put them in. Sometimes the names of the slots change, which is confusing. I have moved them back into the correct slots, saved them, and still get the same result.

I have tried loading and moving the rigs/performances directly on the Profiler, and using Rig Manager, with the same results.

Is there something in my workflow that I am missing? Is is possibly related to the Profiler and RM not syncing correctly?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, this is not happening with older performances.

thanks,

Kevin

Be Thankful.

Edited once, last by kevinduren ().

• I experience the same behaviour here from time to time. Typically when I decide later to switch two rigs in a performance. It seems then that this change is not persistent. Or even worse the names change but the sounds remain the same. Haven't found a clear way to replicate this behaviour so it seems very random to me.

My workaround: I save performances frequently to the RM into a dedicated folder. In case the issue happens I delete the performance from the Kemper and import the saved one back into the Kemper. Usually after that the flaw is gone in that performance.

My feeling is that it could have to do with switching between rigs in the performances via Midi or Remote, not sure though.

Happy for help as well... thanks & cheers

Michael

• Thanks Michael, I will save the "problem" performances in a folder in RM. That way I can quickly "fix" them.

The snag for me is, I don't take my computer to gigs, so I won't have that option at a gig.

Thanks for the input and maybe someone else will chime in.

Kevin

Be Thankful.