Im in love with my Kemper!

• So hey guys! for the LONGEST time i wasn't at all having fun with my kemper.It was just bumming me out.I tried pretty much everything to NOT hate on it but sadly got no resolve.After trying everything i finally had came to the conclusion that it was my interface.I always knew it was truth be told but i'd not long had it so i was stubborn as a mule about it and flat out refused to replace/ugrade it.After almost a year of sounding like ass i decided an upgrade was essential so i ditched my Focusrite 2i4 and upgraded to the 4pre Clarett.The 2pre clarett doesn't come with SPDIF but the 4pre DOES so i went with the 4pre. OH MY DAYS!!! a whole new world has opened up and my Kemper sounds incredible! all those profiles that sounded like garbage on the 2i4 now sound beautiful through my 4pre.Im SO happy i decided on the upgrade its made a HUGE difference and i just wanted to share my smiles with you guys! \m/ Rock on dudes! i very much recommend the 4pre Clarett by focusrite its killer!

• Good foryou! I've got a SPL Crimson soundcard and the reason I bought it(second hand)was becuase it had spdf. I will continue use it as long as it lives or there are no drives that will work with the computer(s). A good soundcard is a must.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Funny enough, last night after trying my hands on the sinmix profiles for heavy gain stuff unable to find my tone, I went to bed frustrated and searched online for similar issues and I came across your post from Jan 2019, and I was wondering what happened to you and planned to drop you a message to follow up!

I also have the 2i4, I thought it was my M-Audio monitors that I'm planning to upgrade but the interface! Who would have thought.....

Thanks, this is eye opening.

• Funny enough, last night after trying my hands on the sinmix profiles for heavy gain stuff unable to find my tone, I went to bed frustrated and searched online for similar issues and I came across your post from Jan 2019, and I was wondering what happened to you and planned to drop you a message to follow up!

I also have the 2i4, I thought it was my M-Audio monitors that I'm planning to upgrade but the interface! Who would have thought.....

Thanks, this is eye opening.

Upgrading to the 4pre was a HUGE game changer! not just for my kemper but for my sm7b for vocals too .Highly recommend you checking one out dude! \m/

• So this has solved your Kemper issues entirely?

Sound wise its just so much more than the 2i4 and using SPDIF its just feels/sounds so much more sharp/crisp less crushed and with the air options just really brings that extra bit of life to it.Now im not saying for certain i wont ever have struggles again as nothing is ever 100% but for now since my interface upgrade i couldnt be happier and writing and recording is fun again \m/ also i believe good cables plays a big part in it too.Ive recently been replacing all my cables with Hosa cables and so far im really impressed and they are not too pricey.I confess (in my bummed out "i hate my kemper" period) i got lazy i wasnt maintaining my setup my guitar/cables etc even slacking on things like regular battery changes for my pickups.I was leaving my guitar out of its case where the natural bedroom elements just ate away at it i was just done in.All of these neglects will play a massive part in your sound.I have since had my guitar setup properly by a pro and she plays like a dream again and going through my new interface with said guitar setup/cables etc there is certainly a new world of creation just been presented to me Ooosh! #happyasapiginshit

• Thanks for the write up, appreciate it. So you're connecting to the focusrite using spdif and not the main out? Sorry for being so picky, but I'm a click away from ordering the Clarett... Thanks again

• Thanks for the write up, appreciate it. So you're connecting to the focusrite using spdif and not the main out? Sorry for being so picky, but I'm a click away from ordering the Clarett... Thanks again

Yeah! also tho if you dont have thunderbolt connection make sure to purchase the 4pre USB edition just a heads up there are TWO versions of the 4 pre clarett \m/

• Thanks again, I'm aiming for the usb version. I'm curious though,did you try connecting from the kemper using the main Xlr out into the claret? Did the tone improve compared to the 2i4?

• Thanks again, I'm aiming for the usb version. I'm curious though,did you try connecting from the kemper using the main Xlr out into the claret? Did the tone improve compared to the 2i4?

I havent tried XLR yet im using SPDIF and i dont really see the need to use anything else but the quality to me it was night and day especially through my HS7 monitors.