Switching from wah to pitch using Mission expression pedal

• Hi all, I have an odd problem. I am using the wah to pitch function on my Kemper - so, if I got it correctly, the moment I turn off the wah, the pitch should kick in and the pedal should control it. But it doesn't go that way.

so, as I said wah to pitch is activated and I use a profile with wah in my A stomp and pitch shift in my B stomp. The pedal is configured in the setting as a wah pedal and in pedal 2 I use it as a mono switch which toggles the A stomp on/off. Hope that's clear. The pedal is connected with 2 cables to use both functions. To this is what's happening:

When wah is on and pitch is on - both are controlled by the pedal (I thought it'd be one or the other - hence, wah to pitch). What I wanted it to do, was to alternately switch between the ecffects when the is off - but when the wah is on to use the wah only - instead I get both the wah and the pitch.

I hope I managed to describe py problem properly.

• Are you turning the pitch stomp slot on/off? You mention turning the wah slot on/off but not the pitch.

I think you need to turn the slots on/off so the pedal knows which effect to control.

• Are you turning the pitch stomp slot on/off? You mention turning the wah slot on/off but not the pitch.

I think you need to turn the slots on/off so the pedal knows which effect to control.

Hi Joptunes. I turn off the pitch stomp, so when it's on the pedal controls the pitch - however, the wah isn't de-activated - so I get a mix of both wah and pitch driven by the pedal

• I’m on the last official version (not the beta). Is it your understanding too that when the way is switched off, the pitch should engage (when way to pitch is activated)?

Yes. That’s how it works with volume anyway. I have mine controlling volume until a wah is switched on. When it’s a wah, it’s not a volume, which is what I want and how I understand it.

Wah to pitch should be the same, in my understanding. It should control a wah unless a wah is off. But that’s not how it’s working.

• Hello! I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately, it has always been this way. I tried to assign it the way you describe it (or at least very similar) years (and some firmware versions) ago, but it didn’t work the way we assumed it should.

So when pushing the switch of the Mission pedal I had either wah or wha and pitch. I had to sacrifice the looper button on the remote to toggle between the two.

If they allowed to assign an external switch (like the one on the mission pedal) to switch one thing on and another thing off at the same time, like you can do with the remote, it would work. Maybe something for the feature request section?

• Hello! I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately, it has always been this way. I tried to assign it the way you describe it (or at least very similar) years (and some firmware versions) ago, but it didn’t work the way we assumed it should.

So when pushing the switch of the Mission pedal I had either wah or wha and pitch. I had to sacrifice the looper button on the remote to toggle between the two.

If they allowed to assign an external switch (like the one on the mission pedal) to switch one thing on and another thing off at the same time, like you can do with the remote, it would work. Maybe something for the feature request sect

My question is whether it's a bug or feature? Watch this youtube and tell me what you reckon. Watch from 5:35 (although the complete video is really great)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• My question is whether it's a bug or feature? Watch this youtube and tell me what you reckon. Watch from 5:35 (although the complete video is really great)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That’s how it should be. I wonder what version he was running at the time and how long it’s been broken haha.

• Hm. I know the video, I think it was this video, that made me buy the Mission pedal. But after watching it again, I have a suspicion, what may be the culprit in my case: I also set the wah to "bypass@stop", so maybe switching on pitch does turn wah off, but moving the pedal activates it again. But like mentioned above, using a dedicated switch on the remote works like intended. For "bypass@stop" the wah slot must be engaged, toggling with the remote turns wah off, switching pitch on with the Mission doesn't. A solution for this could be: engaging "wah to pitch" overrules (is this even a word?) "bypass@stop" aka "activate when moved". Does this make sense? (And sorry, my school English is a bit rusty...)

• Hm. I know the video, I think it was this video, that made me buy the Mission pedal. But after watching it again, I have a suspicion, what may be the culprit in my case: I also set the wah to "bypass@stop", so maybe switching on pitch does turn wah off, but moving the pedal activates it again. But like mentioned above, using a dedicated switch on the remote works like intended. For "bypass@stop" the wah slot must be engaged, toggling with the remote turns wah off, switching pitch on with the Mission doesn't. A solution for this could be: engaging "wah to pitch" overrules (is this even a word?) "bypass@stop" aka "activate when moved". Does this make sense? (And sorry, my school English is a bit rusty...)

Oh, u'r English is just fine :)). If I make the wah to volume analogy towards the wah to pitch - i'd expect it to work likewise, wouldn't you say?

• Ok, worked out a work around - it's a solution but not as intended. My steeing are:

1. wah to pitch

2. mono switch (Switch Tip) is set to stomp inverter.

3. Stomp A = wah

4, Stomp B - pitch shifter

And...voila! Hitting the switch when A is turned on and B off - inverts them and makes the pedal control the Pitch in stomp B - hitting it again will turn off B and turn the wah on A on with no pitch shifter.

Admit, it's a lousy workaround, but it gets it done.

• Interesting. Never tried Stomp inverter. Does it invert all four?