Rock Tracks without the KPA... before it existed!

• Which track do you like BEST of all? 0

1. No Logic (0) 0%
    2. Takedown (0) 0%
    3. Kathy (0) 0%
    4. New Horizons (0) 0%
    5. Metropolis (0) 0%
    6. Tumblety (0) 0%
    7. Lightpipe AI (0) 0%

Hi guys,

I thought that some of you might like some of the album tracks I wrote over a couple of years - they are mainly instrumental and include Marshalls, Engl E670, Triaxis, Splawn Nitro and other amps some of which I have long forgotten....

But some may well like these tracks and others may not... I don't mind either way because anyone who listens is not buying them right?
    Anyway... here they are in no particular order: http://soundcloud.com/tonymckenziecom

I have notated the instruments and amps (at least some of them) which I used. Its all been recoded on a Yamaha 02R96 desk in to a Mackie SDR hard Disk Recorder - no fuss, no hassle, no software :)

1. No Logic was written by me following an issue with a very large (non music related) company. It inspired me to bury that feeling of being trodden on by a corporate when yo're the little guy. Engl E670 throughout. RG550. FYI the Designer of the E670 really liked this track.

2. Takedown. Written about a very famous hacker who they eventually caught... Marshall TSL100 and 1960a cab RG550

3. Kathy. Written about Kathy Eddows who was a victim of Jack the Ripper. Theres some vocals but they soon clear off to a strat based bluesy track that mutates more in to rock at the end. TSL100 and 1960a cab. Fender Self made Strat (Fender parts) with David White Pickups.

4. New Horizons. Inspired by new technology. If you simply look at the signal whoever is sending and receiving knows you did it! TSL100 and 1960a cab - RG550 with EVO2 in the bridge and Jazz in the neck.

5. Metropolis. I wrote this about a place that does not really exist except in our minds. from about half way it gets very heavy then sort of funky at the end... Marshall TSL100, Engl E670 and TriAxis. RG550 with EVO2 in the bridge and Jazz in the neck.

6. Tumblety. Written about a Jack the Ripper suspect (some may say prospect :) ). Engl E670 with 7 String Ibanez. Some vocals but also lots of guitar in there. I also used an Ibanez RG550 with EVO2 in the bridge and Jazz in the neck.

7. Lightpipe AI. I wrote this about technology again. Its instrumental and was inspired by the lightpipe on my Yamaha mixer. Marshall TSL100 and 1960a cab. RG550 Ibanez.

Needless to say, I dont mind anyone listening but these are all copyright and I retain all rights to the music. Period.

I have other stuff but Im not putting more up there for the time being.

If you like a track, just post a reply and why you like it. If you dont like a track don't post it ;)

If anyone wants to buy any they are downloadable from lots of places.

Hope some of you like them and I'm sorry theres no KPA on there... it did not exist (even in Christoph's mind probably) at that time.

Ill write some more stuff and maybe include the Kemper when I next record. By the way Vocals and Bass were Alan Bruce, a friend I have known for some time.

Careful I'm watching you...

• Sorry wrong place to get your music listened too. If you recorded it with the KPA yes I would listen. Remember this is a Kemper forum. I know,I know, it says "link your music".But, if everyone did that you know how flooded this forum would be?
    No disrespect to your music i'm sure it's great. Now record it with the KPA. :)

• Sorry wrong place to get your music listened too. If you recorded it with the KPA yes I would listen. Remember this is a Kemper forum. I know,I know, it says "link your music".But, if everyone did that you know how flooded this forum would be?
    No disrespect to your music i'm sure it's great. Now record it with the KPA. :)

No. In a word... I released these as professional recordings on two albums and have no intention of re recording them 'just for the kemper' demonstration approach.
    The sector of the forum clearly indicated share your music and thats what I did. If you feel this section is only for 'kemper' music you should bring it up with the administrators.
    Me... I did what it says on the tin :)
    I'm sure Ill record with the Kemper Amp but I don't really think theres anything wrong with putting this up here... its more than many contribute I think. But Im biased I suppose :)
    In any case I am not criticising your input just balancing the view ;)
    But I'm sure that even Kemper Amp users listen to music not created only on kemper amps so I reckon its in the right place...

• Like I said no disrespect. I stand by my words as I asume you do.

How's the poll going? You should have given more options. ;)

Hey I did like your video of the Kemper. Did you take it apart any more?

• Like I said no disrespect. I stand by my words as I asume you do.

How's the poll going? You should have given more options. ;)

Hey I did like your video of the Kemper. Did you take it apart any more?

I understand...
    Seems there are not many anyway listening... so... the poll cant work without entries :)
    A pity really....

No I did not really bother to strip it again. The problem is a time thing usually for me so I never get round to 'take 2' :)

I am usually pushed for time depending on whats going to be reviewed by me. What happens (usually) is first a short (sometimes lond) video and then the real review which takes a long time to do really for my site.

It is all enjoyable though, opening a new bit of kit and then looking at it in the hard light of day every way I can but NOT from the brochures and stuff like that which I find usually very biased.

Its not that easy actually with some equipment.. and opening the KPA was a semi failure on my part but I did not want to stop it working :) or there would have been no review so I have to balance what I do.

Most other stuff opens up easily but the KPA was much harder. If anyone does get one completely open let me have the pics and ill include them in my review...

Anyway.... thanks for your input and I understand your views. (I must get round to making you change your ways :) )

T