Hi from Alkmaar, the Netherlands

• My name is Hans... Last friday I bought a Kemper profiler, totally unexpected!

Had just found out the address of the guitar store 'Fellowship of the Acoustics' in Dedemsvaart in the Netherlands from a friend...

Being on holiday I seemed to be very close so I visited the shop, discovered the Kemper, played it and was sold!!

So far I had been using Line6 Pod XT and for the last year Helix Native on several computers.

I think Helix Native is pretty good - I use it with my band and play everything from the computer where I have up to 5 instances running so I can switch instantaneously from one sound to an other - something I really need for my band, but the floor version of the Helix can't handle... (only with variations but I need 'broader' changes)

Playing the Kemper, switching sounds is no problem which is great for me and apart from that the sounds and the feel while playing is REALLY cool!!

So first thing will be to recreate all of the sounds fro my band with the Kemper now :)

I use Variax guitars or bass to go through the Kemper - I love the versatility of those guitars and I must say that the Kemper brings out the differences between all guitar models a lot better than Helix does...

I play guitars, keyboards, bass and drums with around 48 years of playing experience....

Since '76 I have also been using synthesizers (modular analog and digital) and have been using more and more softsynths over the last years..

I have been composing music for presentations and company films in the past and now compose mainly for my band.

With my band Whitecave I make original symphonic progressive music with roots lying with Pink Floyd, Camel, Porcupine Tree, Saga and maybe even a slight Dream Theater touch...

If you're interested you can find info and music on our website or search for Whitecave on Spotify, Apple Music etc.

In October we will have our first live performance - we had a rough time finding a bass player who could play all the basslines I would come up with...

Good to be here and looking forward to reading all your interesting stuff and to make use of all available knowledge on the Kemper!!

cheers Hans

I love being versatile....

Kemper profiler toaster, Variax guitar, variax bass and variax nylon Acoustic. softsynths and pearl drumkit/roland TD20. Composing and singing for my band Whitecave (also on facebook, spotify, apple music etc)

• Hey cool , nederlands as well as english!!! :)
    Thanks / bedankt guys!!! :)

Kemper profiler toaster, Variax guitar, variax bass and variax nylon Acoustic. softsynths and pearl drumkit/roland TD20. Composing and singing for my band Whitecave (also on facebook, spotify, apple music etc)

• Yes, the Kemper "brings out the differences" between guitars much better than the units you used previously IMHO, Hans. I'd say this is because it behaves and sounds more like a real amp than those modellers. This also means it takes pedals better as well.

Like you, I'm a big rap for the Variaxes, but only from the point they released the Tyler models onwards. IMHO the v1 guitars weren't anywhere near as good, especially in the acoustic / banjo / sitar department, where they sounded "plinky" to me. The v2 firmware for the Tyler and Yamaha models also greatly improves the electric-guitar sounds IMHO. The acoustics are fantastic, I reckon. Great stuff.

Welcome to the forum, mate. :)

• Thanks for the welcome, all you guys?

Have had some time to play around with the Kemper today and recreate a couple of my band sounds which actually was a breeze...

Having the option of turning knobs..hands on.. is quite satisfying to work the sounds!

Yup... having a ball:);)?

• Good to be welcomed so friendly like this.. and so many Dutchies... ?

• Thanks guys :)
    Since monday I also have RigManager up and running (activation thingie first so I couldn't get the software) and tuesday evening is my standard jam evening with a drummer buddy who comes over to my place where we then play....

Been going over a lot of rigs - from Satriani sounds through Petrucci up to Slash sounds while playing over the mp3s of the original song...

Most of them need some minor to larger adjustment but still come pretty close!

Anyway - having fun !!!!!

• Thanks guys - absolutely enjoying myself so far :)