Reorganizing the Amp/Rig menu like the new FX menu in FW7

• Same organizing of the Rigs/Profiles as in the FX menu: Put the mere amps into a left column and the different rigs of it (= profiled gain positions of that same amp) into a right colum for more visual clarity and a better workflow.

(Why? This could be a first step to this: Some time ago I proposed to get rid of all the different rigs which are basically the same profiled amp in different gain states or positions => => => by somehow (sorry for this word, I now know that this means some rocket science efforts and programming) linking them into ONE single profile/rig that can somehow (;)) be controlled with ONLY the GAIN KNOB. With this you would only see and load the according amps by turning the "type" knob. Everything else (the flawless change of the "profiles" of the real amp - which are the different profiled gain positions of the same according amp) should not be visible and only be controlled by the gain knob. OK, I understand now that this is something for like Firmware Version 105.222.333. But hey... enough whining gave birth to the Profiler Stage, right ;). )

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• You could accomplish a similar action (though cruder I realize) in one profile just by assigning a morph to your favorite rig; low (or no gain) at heel, rising to max gain at toe position, and just ride your exp pedal.

Gary ô¿ô

• i spent a lot of time separating all profiles into categories and put them into separate folders in the local section. so my profiler is essentially empty on the browser side. i would like to drop folders into the browse pool. it doesn't seem to wants to take it. anyone ever try this or know a work around to get it done.

here is the though, having 500 plus profile to scroll through BLOWS!! i broke it down to amp type, artist signature sounds, acoustic ,bass,ect. i feel it is way more efficiant to just jump to the Mesa folder and scan the profiles like that.