Wah to pitch function

• Hi all.

A couple of days ago I've posted a complicated question about the wah to pitch function.

I'm trying to make it simple this time.

Can someone please explain the idea behind this function? In analogy to wah to volume - is it supposed to do exactly the same?

• It is simply supposed to let you use the same pedal to control two types of effect in order to avoid the need for 4 separate pedals. It lets you use the pedal assigned as Type = WAH to control either effect type Wah or Pitch. However, it is the pedal type that is being shared not the effect type that is being switched.

• Can someone please explain the idea behind this function? In analogy to wah to volume - is it supposed to do exactly the same?

Say you always have a Wah in your rigs that you control with a certain pedal. As soon as there is a pitch change effect present in your rig the Wah controller will no longer control Wah but pitch.

• But that’s not what happens Ingolf . If a rig contains Wah and Pitch the pedal controls both simultaneously.

You're correct. In Wah to Pitch they're not mutually exclusive. I meant to write: when there is a pitch effect present in a rig and NO WAH effect, the usual Wah controller becomes a pitch controller.

From the manual:

If “WahPedal >Volume” is selected, those two functions are mutually exclusive. As soon as a wah effect is active, the Wah Pedal controls this wah effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no wah effect in the current Rig, or the wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal controls volume.

All other pedal links allow you to control their effects simultaneously. So, a Morph Pedal could morph and control wah, as well as pedal pitch effects at the same time, if those links are selected. A Wah Pedal could control wah and pedal pitch effects together, if “WahPedal >Pitch” is

checked.

• You're correct. In Wah to Pitch they're not mutually exclusive. I meant to write: when there is a pitch effect present in a rig and NO WAH effect, the usual Wah controller becomes a pitch controller.

From the manual:

If “WahPedal >Volume” is selected, those two functions are mutually exclusive. As soon as a wah effect is active, the Wah Pedal controls this wah effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no wah effect in the current Rig, or the wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal controls volume.

All other pedal links allow you to control their effects simultaneously. So, a Morph Pedal could morph and control wah, as well as pedal pitch effects at the same time, if those links are selected. A Wah Pedal could control wah and pedal pitch effects together, if “WahPedal >Pitch” is

checked.

This last quote form the manual clarifies it all - because I just couldn't get why it doesn't work exactly like the wah to volume. Honestly, I still find it odd - but at least now I know it's a feature, not a bug. Thanks a lot