Profiling a GT-1000... surprisingly difficult

• Hi all, I've enjoyed lots of the AXE-FX profiles posted in the Rig Exchange and even successfully made a handful myself before I sold my AX8. I dig lots of the tones I get live from my GT-1000 and thought I'd profile a couple to see what would happen and the surprising answer is that I can't. When I audition everything it sounds great (going direct with the XLR out from the GT-1000 to the Kemper) but after the process completes it's a muddy, kinda clipped mess. I've tinkered with levels in & out and can't determine the issue.

Anyone here ever tried it or know someone who has? Thanks in advance!

• Thanks for replying! To answer your questions in order:

1. Not much because I've never had to use it before. I'll review how to refine and try that.

2. A decent amount of gain, but not "soaring sustain" more heavy crunch so I can boost with pedals like the preset I use live.

3. I've tried with the GT1000 sims and no cab at all with the idea of adding a cab in the Kemper, but both were not really usable profiles.

I was working out how I might set up a cab and profile it that way, but I'm game to try it direct like I did the AX8 if you're noticing anything. I've attached my two attempts in this thread, plus a decent direct profile I did from my old AX8.directprofiles.zip

• from the manual:

"You can PROFILE solid-state amps, as well as software modeling amps, although the results from PROFILING modeled amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t necessarily match the analog reality."

• from the manual:

"You can PROFILE solid-state amps, as well as software modeling amps, although the results from PROFILING modeled amps can sometimes be underwhelming. The reason for this is that some emulations use techniques that don’t necessarily match the analog reality."

jmillion this can be a good thing if you can get close to A desired but not exactly THE desired sound because once in the Kemper, you can expand on it's sonic palate. For example, i profiled my old line6 hd500 and then tweaked a few things and changed the cab sim around, added some eq and some stomps in the front and it was 10 times better than what I could get from the original unit.

Clarity, definition, cab character, and the mix on dist stomps can't be done in the hd500 for instance.