Powerhead Display Scratchy

• Hi to All.

I have a Kemper Powerhead that's aesthetically beaten as hell ||(top cover very scratchy and loosing paint) due to live use and transport. (Planning to restore It)

My display cover (the acrylic) show some scratch too.

Would like to know If it's possible to remove just the acrylic to polish It without disassembling the Profiler or even buy a replacement one.

Even sent a support question about this.

But meanwhile, asking here too.

Thanks a Lot.

• Personally, I wouldn't take the screen off. So many things can happen and not one of them good. The whole front would have to come apart. Every knob unscrewed, plus any connectors for functions attached to the back of the faceplate.

I've done something like this before on a plastic motorcycle headlight with some deep scratches. The cost of replacing it was ridiculous. It took a *long* time and a lot of patience, but I was able to get the scratches out to the point that no one could find them.

*IF* I were going to attempt to polish the screen, I'd take any plastic knobs near the screen off and lay it down, face up. Then use blue painter's tape (easy release) and mask everything off. I would polish by hand. No tools of any kind. You need the feel only your hands provide. Tools can cut too fast or generate too much heat. Ask me why I know. :)

Use a fine-cut plastic polish and pay attention to how much pressure you can exert. Push hard enough and you risk damaging the LCD beneath it.

Provided the cost isn't crazy, I'd be inclined to send the whole thing to Kemper and let them fix and or replace things. That'd be money well spent.

Good luck.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• There are many YT videos showing how to fix a scratched pc monitor or phone screen with toothpaste, vaseline/petrolium and a cloth. It seems to work but be careful.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's just the clear plastic. Not the entire faceplate.

There's a way to remove it for sure.

• It's just the clear plastic. Not the entire faceplate.

There's a way to remove it for sure.

Sure. But not without taking the faceplate off to do so.

There is no way to remove the clear plastic without getting behind the faceplate. It's total size is greater than the opening and undoubtedly mounted from behind. It's also very likely held there with screws and/or adhesive. That's why I suggested leaving it where it is and masking it off.

There is no reason to remove it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Sure. But not without taking the faceplate off to do so.

There is no way to remove the clear plastic without getting behind the faceplate. It's total size is greater than the opening and undoubtedly mounted from behind. It's also very likely held there with screws and/or adhesive. That's why I suggested leaving it where it is and masking it off.

There is no reason to remove it.

Exactly.

Kemper support told me it that unit needs to be disassembled.

It will remains scratchy

• LCD underneath it's too fragile.

But I will give It a try.

Perhaps try the vaseline method with a cloth only, instead of polishing with compound which might require some pressure.

The vaseline is supposed to fill the scratch so it looks transparent, and should be easy to remove.

Good luck!

• I disassembled front pannel and polished acrylic and cleaned the whole KPA inside. A lot of dust inside It.

Seems that are some glue residue or maybe dust between acrylic and LCD damaged both. Barely visible now when turned off and invisible when lit.

Very good now.