Kemper Profiler Stage [Rig Manager Problem]

• Let this be my first impression thread.

UPS will deliver my Kemper Stage package tomorrow. It has been a long week to wait. So, only about 12 hours left... ^^

I might have some questions after I've fired it up.

I'll update this thread soon.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• I Got it and have a little problem from the start:

I can't get my Macbook pro/Rig Manager to connect via USB to the Stage.

OSX is up to date

Rig Manager is up to date

I have tried two different USB cables and different USB inputs in my MBP.

I have Macbook Pro 15" 2015 if that matters.

Is there something else I could trouble shoot?

One other notice I made, that the power cable input is kinda loose. The power cable can disconnect pretty easily.

• The power Cable Input is actually really bad. I made a video how easily it can shutdown the unit:

EDIT:

This was a user error and the Power Cable input is fine. The fit was really tight, so I had to use some force to get the power cable in place.

Edited once, last by drop the sun ().

• sometimes i have to unplug the usb cable only on the side of the kpa
    to make RM seeing it
    so plug both sides of the usb cable start RM and KPA
    after that unplug usb only on the kpa side and then replug it
    maybe this helps

have to do this evrytime on my macbook pro 2016

• sometimes i have to unplug the usb cable only on the side of the kpa
    to make RM seeing it
    so plug both sides of the usb cable start RM and KPA
    after that unplug usb only on the kpa side and then replug it
    maybe this helps

have to do this evrytime on my macbook pro 2016

I have unplugged and plugged in on both ends the same time and separately... No go.

Actually at the moment I'm more worried about the Power Cable Input. I have to try another power cable and see how that works... It is like the power cable wont go in proberly.

• Can you shine a torch into the plug's holes to see if there's something "lodged" in there, DTS?

Alternatively, you could poke a straightened paper clip into each hole and see how the depths compare. Just don't leave any residue inside the plug by scraping the internal sides - gently does it.

• Can you shine a torch into the plug's holes to see if there's something "lodged" in there, DTS?

Alternatively, you could poke a straightened paper clip into each hole and see how the depths compare. Just don't leave any residue inside the plug by scraping the internal sides - gently does it.

I will test this as well. Thanks for the tip.

When I get my other power cable in hand I will then know if the problem is the cable or the Input.

• My power cable was very tight and when first plugging I had to force it in.

I actually tried to push it in a little harder, when I noticed how loose the connection was. But didn't use "all my power". I'll double check this as well. Thanks Ingolf.

• A simple IEC power socket like on the Stage (and a lot other 230V stage boards) does not look like it's rally stageproof. Fairly simple to put a locking IEC socket (the blue one) in it, right out of the factory.

Or a Powercon would even be better.

• A simple IEC power socket like on the Stage (and a lot other 230V stage boards) does not look like it's rally stageproof. Fairly simple to put a locking IEC socket (the blue one) in it, right out of the factory.

Would that void the warranty?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

My power cable was very tight and when first plugging I had to force it in.

This problem was solved simply using more power attaching the power cable to the input. Thanks Ingolf for the tip. The input was REALLY tight.

Now if only I could get the Rig Manager to work...:P

• Come on, people have been gigging with flimsy power supplies for their pedalboards for ages, without complaining.

Trust me, this here is solid.

I gotta agree now that I got the power cable proberly in place. Very solid connection.

• Come on, people have been gigging with flimsy power supplies for their pedalboards for ages, without complaining.

Trust me, this here is solid.

Sure, and that's exactly why there are locking IEC's, locking Powercon's, locking jack sockets and so on.

I don't care what other people do for ages.