Question: Kemper Stage dial knobs build quality.

• Hi,

I have no stage myself but a rack version.
    I always found the build quality off the turning knobs quite fragile, it all feels plastic. They never failed on me tough.
    Is there anyone out there with a Stage who can tell what the build quality of the knobs are on the Stage?
    Maybe someone who already has a toaster or rack can do this comparison.:?:

Just wondering because it's lying on the floor and if it's just plastic it's easy to break one off I think........

• I have had one Rack and two toasters, powered and unpowered. I have a Stage now to test it. One of my concerns was the build quality of the knobs.

Of course only time will tell, but the build quality of the knobs in the Kemper Stage is in another league from the Head and Rack. Specially the ones closer to your feet (the six on the bottom row) are very firm metallic and do not wiggle a bit. The two in the upper row (Type and Browse) are a bit less sturdy and more sensitive to the touch. They are designed to scroll lists so they are not regular pots that just turn. You can press on them and also they do a clicking sound when you turn them so you could move them just one or several steps to go down or up in the list. All that makes them a little bit less durable in my opinion, but also more convenient for their intended use.

All in all, I don't think that you should be worried about them because they are as strong as they can be for a floor model.

• To be fair (and state the obvious).... Is there a pedal maker out there that doesn't ship with plastic knobs?

Personally, I've never felt the Kemper knobs to feel cheap. Quite the opposite for me.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche