Mission Engineering EP1 KP

• Ah okay so how do you know you’ve switched in on or accidentally off? Doesn’t click as such.

Do you know if you can have it always so you don’t have to click, and lastly can you assign the pedal to a particular parameter, like to sweep the delay mix for example?

Thanks

Edited once, last by PhilUK84 ().

• By the sound and the light on the KPA/Remote, I guess. You don’t have to use the toe switch at all. You can think of it as just another assignable footswitch that can switch whatever. Same with the expression pedal; it can control wah, volume, pitch or morphing (where you can assign multiple parameters to be swept between two points you define).

• Thanks. I was thinking that it was quite a short travel distance, but I think that I can make it work, it's just getting used to it. Does the DVP X work well?

If my understanding is correct, I can basically choose 3 parameters to control. I can have Volume --> Wah and then Wah to Pitch. But not morphing too, unless I have two pedals or swap an option out for it. Right?

• I haven’t tried the Dunlop DVP but they get great reviews from many people here. I use a Boss FV500 for morphing an a cheap Zoom pedal for volume (I paid £11 used for it and it’s night and day compared to my Mission for volume control).

I find trying to use one pedal for multiple things gets really messy and confusing. I share Wah with Pitch as I very rarely use pitch anyway but allocate Morph and Volume their own pedals.

• I haven’t tried the Dunlop DVP but they get great reviews from many people here. I use a Boss FV500 for morphing an a cheap Zoom pedal for volume (I paid £11 used for it and it’s night and day compared to my Mission for volume control).

I find trying to use one pedal for multiple things gets really messy and confusing. I share Wah with Pitch as I very rarely use pitch anyway but allocate Morph and Volume their own pedals.

I don't understand why they didn't just make it easily interchangeable. On the Helix you can just assign whatever you want to the pedal.

• That's what Morphing does. You can assign any individual parameter or any combination of parameters to the morph function. Wah, Pitch and Volume are deemed so important they get their own special type as well but you can control anything from Morphing. There are some specific things I would really like to be able to do with pedal assignments but for most things Morphing is a work of genius.

I rarely use volume swells and stuff, so I could just Have Morph, Pitch and Wah on the one pedal couldn't I?

Edited once, last by PhilUK84 ().

• I rarely use volume swells and stuff, so I could just Have Morph, Pitch and Wah on the one pedal couldn't I?

You can’y Share Wah and Morph on the same pedal unfortunately. Morphing would have to be triggered by On/Off switches n that scenario. Or you could control the Wah via the Morph command instead of using the Wah pedal type.

• You can’y Share Wah and Morph on the same pedal unfortunately. Morphing would have to be triggered by On/Off switches n that scenario. Or you could control the Wah via the Morph command instead of using the Wah pedal type.

You can, actually. Morph to wah is an option in the pedal preferences. The only drawback with the Mission pedal, is if you use the toe switch to engage the wah, you’ll be morphing whatever parameters you have set up in that rig in order to depress the switch. I have performance slots set up so that any rigs that require me to switch on a wah at some point have no morphed parameters, only in slots where I don’t need the wah.

• You can, actually. Morph to wah is an option in the pedal preferences. The only drawback with the Mission pedal, is if you use the toe switch to engage the wah, you’ll be morphing whatever parameters you have set up in that rig in order to depress the switch. I have performance slots set up so that any rigs that require me to switch on a wah at some point have no morphed parameters, only in slots where I don’t need the wah.

I don't think I'll be using the toe switch, I'll just have them set to heel down or heel up. Ive had my Kemper for years now but never really dug into it this much until I got the Stage.

Can you control Volume parameters with Morphing?

• Yes, though you’re limited to the Rig volume, or the volume of any drives, boosts etc. The volume pedal assignment is more flexible, in that you can place it at different points in the chain without taking up a stomp/effect.