Getting the harshness out of downstrokes

• Hi all!

I am using my kemper for recording purpose, and now I am searching for good crunchy profiles.

I got the problem, that almost all profiles are very harsh on the strokes. There are present noises of the plec and so on...

The guitar I am using is a Gibson LPJ, but my Tele has that problem also present. As if its PU is too hot...

Is there any menu or setting, where I can adjust this harshness or sensivity?

For example, listen to this song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The guitars are very smooth. No noises, just mellow. How can I achieve?...

Thanks in advance!

• that´s what helped me: try different picks out of different material and try to hit the strings from a different angle, exp. if you here the "click" only on downstrokes.

In the kemper, there is the parameter "pick" in the stack section to reduce or enhance the attack.

• the pick certainly matters,

also the setup, mainly the distance between pickup and strings - very often the pickup is too close, since whoever made the setup probably liked that the signal got hotter, instead of listening for the balance between bass and treble strings and the change in tone.