No Output

• My KPA worked today for our first set but when we came back from a break, there was no output. This also happened the day before. Has this happened to anybody else?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Your not alone. Same thing happened to me twice now. once last week and now it happened again during warm up before going on stage. I'm trying to dig into this now. I'm running the Soldano SLO Clean A rig most of the time.

• In a situation like this you need to dig a bit deeper:

No output… what about the input? Any input signal indicated by the INPUT LED?

Any pedals involved? What is the level of Volume Pedal in System Settings on page Pedal Links?

What if you enable Tuner Mode ("Mute Signal" ticked?)and disable Tuner Mode using the chicken head knob?

At which level is the relevant output level in the output Section e. g. Monitor Output Volume?

Any external gear looped in? Perhaps it got disconnected and therefore the signal chain is broken.

• I’m having the same issue. I’ve filed a ticket (KA00173365).

I was running a loop pedal into the front input of a powered toaster. My output was the speaker out, into a passive yorkville cab. The guitar was a nylon string with a nanoflex shadow pickup.

The output went dead, the input still showed signal. I was in browser mode (one time plugged into rig manager, twice not plugged in). Turning the Kemper off and on fixed it (happened 3 times so far though). Turning to Performance mode, the output was back on, turning back to browser...it was not working. All outputs on are on Master mono. When it was dead, I tried headphones, and also plugging into my pa from the usual outputs in the back (not the speaker one) and got nothing.

• I’m having the same issue. I’ve filed a ticket (KA00173365).

I was running a loop pedal into the front input of a powered toaster. My output was the speaker out, into a passive yorkville cab. The guitar was a nylon string with a nanoflex shadow pickup.

The output went dead, the input still showed signal. I was in browser mode (one time plugged into rig manager, twice not plugged in). Turning the Kemper off and on fixed it (happened 3 times so far though). Turning to Performance mode, the output was back on, turning back to browser...it was not working. All outputs on are on Master mono. When it was dead, I tried headphones, and also plugging into my pa from the usual outputs in the back (not the speaker one) and got nothing.

Maybe this sounds dumb but just in case:

Is everything ok with the power supply and all the jacks of the unit in the loop? This same thing happened to me with a device that had bad connections. I had no signal when the loop was activated and the signal came back (of course) when I turned off the loop (broken device was bypassed).

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited once, last by Alienator ().

• Which of the items listed above have you checked: Volume Pedal level, external gear looped in,...?

What was the level of Rig Volume?

What was the level of Monitor Output Volume and Headphone Volume?

• I have solved the problem...I think.

The unit was set up at my desk, the remote and volume pedal were connected. The volume pedal was set all the way up (in the off position). When I turned the unit on, I had volume, sometimes for hours. What was happening was at some point the unit was recognizing that the volume pedal was set to off, and would cut the sound. In a panic, I didn't even notice the volume pedal was connected.

Last night I ran the same setup, eventually it cut out, so I rocked the pedal, and my sound came back. I feel pretty confident that this was the issue.