Kemper Stage - Main & Monitor Output noise floor hiss is LOUD.

• I just found another new problem with the Kemper Stage. I've just tried out the main output and the monitor output for the first time and there's an unbelievable amount of noise floor. So much background hiss...even when I set the main or monitor output to off in the output settings. FOH and my FRFR cab will not like this haha.

The headphone output is dead silent with no background noise at all so it's not something external affecting the whole unit.

It's not a ground loop thing as the ground loop options did nothing but also I plugged it in to the same power plug circuit as my Golden Age Project Pre73 to test things... I cranked the gain and output of the pre 73 and still didn't get as high a noise floor. So it's definitely not external factors or dimmer circuits affecting things. It's an issue with the outputs on the Kemper Stage I think? I had white noise from the headphone output on Kemper Stage when the Kemper is off and Kemper Support said they knew of the bug.... Do they know of the bug with the main and monitor outs too? :(

• Ingolf Phew, at least I can rest now knowing it's fixable. Looking forward to receiving my replacement Kemper Stage so I can actually enjoy it. It's a bit like when you're a kid and you get a toy for Christmas without batteries, you really wanna play with it but you can't :D

• Yes they do.

This is not the white noise that ramps up after turning the unit off, this is a hiss while the unit is on. On mine during profiling, turning the ground on the send to ON does exactly as described above. Really loud hiss. The ground switch for the send is useless because of this.

So when you say they know about this, is it definitely this issue and not the white noise when turning the unit off?

• This is not the white noise that ramps up after turning the unit off, this is a hiss while the unit is on. On mine during profiling, turning the ground on the send to ON does exactly as described above. Really loud hiss. The ground switch for the send is useless because of this.

So when you say they know about this, is it definitely this issue and not the white noise when turning the unit off?

I'm not support, so when in doubt please open a support ticket.

The more data support gets the better.

• This is the noise from the Kemper Stage monitor output. On all output settings in the menu. Half way through I switch the output to "off" in the Output menu (Still noise but a different noise) Then back cycling through all until I get to stereo.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Again, this is also on the main outputs that I'd normally send to FOH for "great sound". This does NOT happen on the headphone output when Kemper is on and I'm listening/playing with headphones on. The headphone noise comes when the Kemper Stage is switched off (and it's a different noise than the main and monitor output)

• svenelof it is very unfortunate that you received a faulty unit and we are doing our best to replace it as soon as possible. I can assure you that our products normally do not generate the amount of noise that you are experiencing.

Please wait for the empty box to arrive at your place so you can return the faulty unit safely to us and we will send you a replacement unit as soon as we have received the faulty one. We apologise for all the inconveniences caused by this.

• Hi, I've got exactly the same and more problems, noise/buzz, screen colors, footswitches.

Watch and listen the 2 videos ( NOISE BUZZ 1, NOISE BUZZ 2) and you can see what I'm facing. Maybe it helps you!

https://drive.google.com/drive…g15CuOETOJNfqKebw0v0KsaXH

The 3rd thread where you cross- post information!

• The 3rd thread where you cross- post information!

So? Of course one should chip in if the information is relevant to more than one thread. That's not cross-posting.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM