[SOLVED] - UNDO/REDO functionality for Profiler Stage

• Since Profiler Stage does not have dedicated buttons for UNDO/REDO actions, it would be handy to be able to invoke UNDO/REDO actions, by pressing any 2 buttons simultaneously on Profiler Stage.

• When we designed the Stage we wanted to streamline the amount of buttons and knobs, focus on the essential functions, and not overcrowd the panel with everything Head/Rack plus Remote offer. We didn't feel UNDO/REDO buttons are essential. That functionality didn't even exist when the PROFILER got introduced. The undo/redo functionality has been added in OS 2.5 a couple of years later. The Stage still has the capability to capture Snapshots while you are fine-tuning your sounds by the way.

Given that the Stage comes at a different price point, we shouldn't expect 100% the same functionality. However, sound-, effect- and connection-wise there are no gaps. I think, that's most important.

• We didn't feel UNDO/REDO buttons are essential.

You might be surprised how intensively they are used in some workflows. As the Stage is made specifically for a stage environment you can expect most people to use it in performance mode, so...

-no snapshots

-no possibility to save a slot to the one next to it (if it is free) for a quick A/B

=no way to A/B edits unless I'm missing something.

I could do without a lot of other buttons on the Stage but UNDO/REDO I will sorely miss. Ironically you have just implemented a feature I requested for multiple UNDO/REDO by long pressing in KAOS7.

This is just what I needed for A/B'ing a bunch of tweaks to the original.

I understand your perspective but hope you can take these arguments into consideration and maybe find another solution for this. If we could save a slot to another slot inside of a performance is a quick and easy solution that is almost as good as multiple UNDO/REDO.

I've posted a feature request for this.

This seriously makes me wonder if I shouldn't send the Stage back and stick to the Powerhead/Remote for live use. :(

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• You might want to consider storing Rigs modified in Performance Mode in your Browse Pool with "Export Rig to Pool". Then you can compare them using the BROWSE knob in Performance Mode.

• You might want to consider storing Rigs modified in Performance Mode in your Browse Pool with "Export Rig to Pool". Then you can compare them using the BROWSE knob in Performance Mode.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• When we designed the Stage we wanted to streamline the amount of buttons and knobs, focus on the essential functions, and not overcrowd the panel with everything Head/Rack plus Remote offer. We didn't feel UNDO/REDO buttons are essential. That functionality didn't even exist when the PROFILER got introduced. The undo/redo functionality has been added in OS 2.5 a couple of years later. The Stage still has the capability to capture Snapshots while you are fine-tuning your sounds by the way.

Given that the Stage comes at a different price point, we shouldn't expect 100% the same functionality. However, sound-, effect- and connection-wise there are no gaps. I think, that's most important.

I’m not a Stage user and don’t do a lot of tweaking so it doesn’t matter to me personally but I understand what others are saying. If the decision was to avoid overcrowding the Stage with physical buttons etc could you perhaps just assign Undo/Redo to a soft key in a menu page?

• I’m not a Stage user and don’t do a lot of tweaking so it doesn’t matter to me personally but I understand what others are saying. If the decision was to avoid overcrowding the Stage with physical buttons etc could you perhaps just assign Undo/Redo to a soft key in a menu page?

I totally understand avoiding overcrowding Stage with physical buttons.

But in my opinion better option, that using soft key in menu, would pressing 2 buttons at once - similarly how profiling is invoked, by pressing browser and perform. You get it instantly without a need to go into menu.

• I totally understand avoiding overcrowding Stage with physical buttons.

But in my opinion better option, that using soft key in menu, would pressing 2 buttons at once - similarly how profiling is invoked, by pressing browser and perform. You get it instantly without a need to go into menu.

Soft buttons 1 & 2 together = UNDO

Soft buttons 3 & 4 together = REDO

Just tried it out and it's really easy to do and I can't think of any downside (it's almost impossible to do by accident).

And if the ckemper team could throw in the long-press functionality of these combinations for multiple UNDO/REDO's then we're all set. 8)

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• +1 also for me but for missing UNDO/REDO but sincerely I don't find any button that can match this feature on Stage, pushing of 2 buttons at the same time it seems to me not so good ... I'm sorry, it should be implemented by the very beginning, but if they had to reduce Stage cost, some feature could be missing