Stage foot switch 2 not responding to presses

• I recently updated my Stage to the latest firmware and I am having trouble with foot switch 2 not responding to presses in any mode. I have opened a ticket. No response from Kemper support yet. Anyone else have this problem? The switch doesn't feel any different than the others but nothing happens when I hit it. It was working with the original firmware.

• I recently updated my Stage to the latest firmware and I am having trouble with foot switch 2 not responding to presses in any mode. I have opened a ticket. No response from Kemper support yet. Anyone else have this problem? The switch doesn't feel any different than the others but nothing happens when I hit it. It was working with the original firmware.

Check your spam folder. Support acts quite fast.

This is interesting if the footswitch problem would be software issue after all. If only I could downgrade the OS back to 7.0 and test this. I was on 7.1 already when I noticed, that one of the footswitches didn't work well.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• My thoughts exactly. I am up to 2 switches that are not functioning now. The up arrow is not doing anything now. I am not sure if I had tested it on 7.0 or not. Kemper Support is going to replace my Stage, though I am still waiting to find out what my next step in that process is.

• Mine arrived yesterday. I haven’t updated the software yet. Played it tonight and footswitch 1 didn’t respond at all. After tapping it 20 or so times, it finally started to work. However, it still doesn’t respond consistently. Looks like I’m opening a ticket...

• Mine is on its way back to Kemper for replacement. Their support has been very good. I should have my new one by next week, hopefully they have identified the problem and the replacements won't suffer the same problem.

• I have had a good customer support from Kemper. Like said, my unit has defective Footswitch 1 like many others have had too.

It is a hardware problem and it is fixed on the new units already. So if you get a replacement unit, it shouldn't have this problem anymore.

• Hey drop the sun how did you find out they've fixed the issue on the new units? I've returned mine for a refund. Thinking of buying a new one (so my 30 day money back guarantee starts from scratch) and testing it rigorously to see if the issues have been dealt with properly. Nervous as mine had no stomp switch issues... but a billion other issues haha.

• Hey drop the sun how did you find out they've fixed the issue on the new units? I've returned mine for a refund. Thinking of buying a new one (so my 30 day money back guarantee starts from scratch) and testing it rigorously to see if the issues have been dealt with properly. Nervous as mine had no stomp switch issues... but a billion other issues haha.

The Kemper Support said so, when I emailed with them. I'm on a fence of doing the same thing and giving the Stage a one more shot.

• I am not sure I understand the desire for keeping the 30 day refund. I sent my Stage back for replacement and will keep sending back as long as it has problems. It has a three year warranty. If I didn't like the sound of it regardless of problems, I would return it. Kemper has been around a long time and will make any problems with the Stage right. If you don't think the Stage works for you return it. If you like it and want it to work have Kemper replace it.

• redcloud That's a little reassuring, great that they actually told you the problem has been identified, they accept its a flaw and they confirmed they have changed it for future units. But, I wish my support was as reassuring. Hopefully when they see my unit once it's returned they will let me know that the issues with the knobs has been checked and future units will be sorted. I want to give the Stage another shot, but just need a little more confidence in it.

I think I will wait a while anyway as more and more issues by other users are being posted on here.

I wonder if you can request a "newly built" Stage when buying from Kemper instead of one of the first batch. :/

• redcloud That's a little reassuring, great that they actually told you the problem has been identified, they accept its a flaw and they confirmed they have changed it for future units. But, I wish my support was as reassuring. Hopefully when they see my unit once it's returned they will let me know that the issues with the knobs has been checked and future units will be sorted. I want to give the Stage another shot, but just need a little more confidence in it.

I think I will wait a while anyway as more and more issues by other users are being posted on here.

I wonder if you can request a "newly built" Stage when buying from Kemper instead of one of the first batch. :/

Good point mate, personally I've decided to request a refund and keep my eye on the forum. When all hardware issues are sorted I'm back in. It's a bummer though as I have 3 shows coming up in Europe and at least one of them potentially has "sketchy gear" as I do fly gigs 90% of the time the stage would have been a Godsend. All that being said I have total faith that Kemper will iron out all the flaws and we'll all end up with a unit that will be up to Kempers very high standard.

• This is interesting. With my stage on order I’d preferably like to get one with the revised switch issue. How would we know if we have an older unit that could suffer the problem or not ??

Hello Raoul,

If it is in fact a hardware issue, and a defect in original design or manufacture, then it is the responsibility of the authorized suppliers, working in conjunction with Kemper GmbH (who would send out notification of affected S/Ns), to return these units to Kemper and to replace their stock with new units. In other words, any affected units should be immediately pulled from inventory, and not sold to public. Again, that is the responsibility of the authorized supplier.

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• Hi All,

New guy around here, just sold off my old rig to fund the purchase of the Kemper Stage. First, I love this thing, I'm sold, it sounds fantastic and I like the interface. I have had mine for just over a week, been playing with Rig Manager mostly with the unit on my desk and not really using the foot controls. Well Wednesday after work, I put it on the ground on my pedal board and started running through patches with the foot switches. While doing so, I discovered that switch 2 is not working on my unit. I opened a support ticket and got the autoresponse immediately, but I have heard nothing since. Does it usually take a couple of days for a response from Kemper support?

Peace, Love & Guitar,

Robodork

• Thank you Tom & Thank you for your sympathy. Yes I did, the autoreply did not land in my junk folder and I have not heard back from support beyond the initial autoreply. I have been obsessively checking my email (both primary and junk folders) everyday since I logged the ticket on Wednesday evening.