Stage foot switch 2 not responding to presses

• I contacted the support. They asked me to do a special test to check if the problem could be hardware related. The result isn't so clear, 'cause my "faulty" switch (which is the number 1) seemed not to work properly at first run, but something changed after i rotated clockwise the head of that switch (as someone suggested me). After this i repeated the test and the switch seemed to work good this time. Kemper support told me that the buttons have a tiny spring at the bottom that presses on the actual electrical switch. Maybe that spring got twisted so it could not work properly. Turning the button may have untwisted the spring so it now can work as intended. And it seemed so, but during my last gig i noticed that a few times the problem came out again. So at the end of the day it seems more a hardware problem.

• [...]

It is a hardware problem and it is fixed on the new units already. So if you get a replacement unit, it shouldn't have this problem anymore.

Doesn’t look like it... just received mine with the same issue. Effekt button IIII not working. And now we already have December. After reading about all those faulty switches in several threads I’m really not sure about keeping this unit respectively going through the whole RMA thing maybe even several times. Doesn’t really speak for superb built quality, which is what I absolutely expect from such a pricy unit.

• Doesn’t look like it... just received mine with the same issue. Effekt button IIII not working. And now we already have December. After reading about all those faulty switches in several threads I’m really not sure about keeping this unit respectively going through the whole RMA thing maybe even several times. Doesn’t really speak for superb built quality, which is what I absolutely expect from such a pricy unit.

Well that sucks! Kemper Customer Service told me, that they had a fix for the footswitch problem... apparently they haven't got it fixed.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• Unfortunately add me to this group. Effects III switch not working on my new Stage. I am sending it back. Also a lot of Rig Manager issues which always go away after a few restarts and/or unplug-replug. Not a great experience overall, so I am going to get rid of the Stage and change over to the Toaster and separate foot switch. If I have any issue there I will give up on Kemper (this Stage is my first).

• Do you have the lateset beta firmware install?

i was having the same switch issue. i check with Kemper support . They advise me to install the latest firmware. the latest beta i think 7.1.7.

I install this fw and this resolve my switch issue.

i have to install this with usb. the RM did not find this beta version.

• i can tell you i was not plan to install the beta but i try this after Kemper support recommend. I am happy this resolve the issue so i dont have to hassle with the exchange.

• Hi

Happy Christmas to all.

New purchaser here....

I have just received my second Stage on the 23rd. which I purchased directly from Kemper after returning the first one to Thomann with a problem.

Switch IIII is not working on this one. I tried updating to 7.1.5 but no joy.

Should I install the latest beta as suggested? Can anyone confirm that it might fix the switch problems? I have a tour starting in January and need to get this sorted very quickly, so I’d prefer to avoid another return if possible as I have to prepare the unit for the show.

I will raise the issue with support as well of course, but I don’t know when they’re back after the holidays..

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

• That's a real bummer... just startet the RMA process for my new Stage yesterday. Since I have a money back guarantee, I'll make use of that and try again in a few month. Hope, they'll have this sorted out till then. Apart from that, I absolutely fell in love with the device. Usability and functionality are really outstanding.

But what really makes me wonder is why these issues with the switches keep comming up since it seems to be the same hardware used in the remote already (at least it looks like that) which seems to do a pretty good job in that regard.

• Update to this thread:

I am on my 4th Stage since the release and I am still getting intermittent foot switch failure on it just like 2 of the last 3 Stages. I really think Kemper has no idea how to identify which units have this problem and just keep sending them out.

• The up-switch on my new kemper stage is not working

It did not working from the first trials you did on the machine? I had this strange behaviour just some weeks ago; before there where no problems. Curiously, 2 days later everything was suddenly ok again.

I asked Kemper support and they gave me this tip:

- Press teh INPUT+BACK button to activate the Spy Funktion

- With the PAGE< + PAGE> buttons you can watch the counters and set them back to zero.

• Update to this thread:

I am on my 4th Stage since the release and I am still getting intermittent foot switch failure on it just like 2 of the last 3 Stages. I really think Kemper has no idea how to identify which units have this problem and just keep sending them out.

Sorry to hear that. Have you been in contact with Kemper directly? Did they say anything new related to this issue?

• I did contact Kemper and they advised me to hold on to my current Stage until they are able to correctly identify the cause of foot switch issue.

Quote from Kemper:

"Unfortunately we do not have a 100% fix for the switches just yet. You can hold on to it until we have more information on the defective part. At which time I hope we will have this resolved."

• I did contact Kemper and they advised me to hold on to my current Stage until they are able to correctly identify the cause of foot switch issue.

Quote from Kemper:

"Unfortunately we do not have a 100% fix for the switches just yet. You can hold on to it until we have more information on the defective part. At which time I hope we will have this resolved."

I just sent mine in with the same issue. I’m missing it pretty badly right now.