Kemper and a Helix Stomp

• Does the stomp work with the Mission EP1-KP?

From the Mission Engineering website:

"The EP1-KP is compatible with some non-Kemper devices that support a switching expression pedal with a momentary TS switch. These include current model FAMC Liquid Foot MIDI controllers, and the ISP Theta Pro DSP guitar pre-amp."

I'm going with no, because they also sell a Line6 specific pedal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I assume most pedals are the same, it's for the fanboys who want a "matching" pedal ...

I usa a stomp with 2 dunlop dvp mini's , and a remote with two missions, I could try to test if you'd want me to !

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I assume most pedals are the same, it's for the fanboys who want a "matching" pedal ...

my Mission is the RJM specific variant- it isn’t Green ?

most of the Mission pedals are essentially the same with a TRS for exp connection and a TS for the Toe Switch (where they have one - EP1 versions don’t SP versions do). Therefore, the standard model, Kemper, RJM, H9 should all be totally interchangeable. However, the line 6 version only uses a TS for the Exp connection. I’m not sure is simply connecting a TS cable allows it work properly or not though.

I usa a stomp with 2 dunlop dvp mini's , and a remote with two missions, I could try to test if you'd want me to !

Raf

...would be great. I tried it and don't get it to work: The EP1-KP has 100% in the middle position and 0% on both ends (all the way up and down) of the pedal. Don't know if it is the settings or it just won't work. Thanks for the help!

• ...would be great. I tried it and don't get it to work: The EP1-KP has 100% in the middle position and 0% on both ends (all the way up and down) of the pedal. Don't know if it is the settings or it just won't work. Thanks for the help!

It's a setting thing in the stomp, you need to invert the signal in the setup menu ... encountered the same issue !

so go to global settings : preferences : pg2 : exp1 TIP , EXP2 ring : inverted tip polarity ; pg 3 inverted ring polarity ...

Thats it ...

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Thanks a lot, that helped. I managed to make the Volume or Wah work. What doesn't work is using the switch of the EP1-KP at the same time. At the moment I am using one TRS cable connecting Out 1 of the EP1 with the EXP1/2 of the Stomp. Is it somehow possible to use a certain cable to connect both outputs of the EP1 with the EXP1/2-Input of the Stomp and then use the EP1 Switch and Expression pedal? Thanks

Edited 2 times, last by b418me ().

• Thanks a lot, that helped. I managed to make the Volume or Wah work. What doesn't work is using the switch of the EP1-KP at the same time. At the moment I am using one TRS cable connecting Out 1 of the EP1 with the EXP1/2 of the Stomp. Is it somehow possible to use a certain cable to connect both outputs of the EP1 with the EXP1/2-Input of the Stomp and then use the EP1 Switch and Expression pedal? Thanks

I guess you could use a Y cable , 2 mono jacks from the mission to one TRS ...

Raf

• ...I tried that, didn't get it to work. I think the Out 1 of the EP1 needs TRS. Out 2 needs Mono. So a Y cable Mono-Mono-TRS will not do...

Then make the TRS female from the EP1 to accept a mono jack or replace it ... btw I don't use the switch of the mini's and on the EP1 with the kemper remote , use bypass @ stop and disengage on 5% with the stomp ...

Both the remote and stomp have 2 expression pedals , one to morph blend in leads , the other for wah ... no need to use their switches ;)

Raf

• Are there adapters to do this?

"use bypass @ stop and disengage on 5% with the stomp"

this I don't understand...

just get a cable from 2x mono jack to one time TRS (I have them angled) : EBS ICY-30 Y-Insert Flat Cable

You don't need a switch on the expr pedal to get the wah running, moving it on the kemper to enable and putting it to heel position around 5% should disable it as well ...