What do you place your Profiler on live???

• Hi, with my band I will be using the Profiler live in over a month...

Outputs from the Kemper will connect to a PC , through Focusrite and ADAT interface where mixing from all instruments will be done in GigPerformer (also other plugins and setlists are arranged by that program)

From the audio-interface we'll go straight to PA fro the whole band...

I'm just not sure where to place the Profiler and was wondering how you guys do that...

Are there specific 'tables' (high enough to be able to edit if necessary) that can be used or do you just put it on the floor somewhere out of the way??

Just wondering :)

cheers Hans

I love being versatile....

Kemper profiler toaster, Variax guitar, variax bass and variax nylon Acoustic. softsynths and pearl drumkit/roland TD20. Composing and singing for my band Whitecave (also on facebook, spotify, apple music etc)

• I use the Kemper Bag (assuming that you have the toaster, if not use a 4U rack with a Furman Conditioner) in vertical position, with the back of the kemper laying down to the bag, so that way i can store the remote on top of it and use the top and down zippers to never get the kemper out of the bag. I put it in the floor or on top of whatever amp is from backline, that would suffy

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• It is the toaster that i use yes... a rack unit would just go into the 19 inch rack that we use with interfaces (audio and midi), 19 inch pc, headphone amp etc. And on top of that rack is a monitor otherwise i’d just put the kemper there..

but maybe the bag is an alternative ... will look into it.. i als found some beamer/projector tables online that might be a solution with a stand height of around 1 meter...

Kemper profiler toaster, Variax guitar, variax bass and variax nylon Acoustic. softsynths and pearl drumkit/roland TD20. Composing and singing for my band Whitecave (also on facebook, spotify, apple music etc)

• It is the toaster that i use yes... a rack unit would just go into the 19 inch rack that we use with interfaces (audio and midi), 19 inch pc, headphone amp etc. And on top of that rack is a monitor otherwise i’d just put the kemper there..

but maybe the bag is an alternative ... will look into it.. i als found some beamer/projector tables online that might be a solution with a stand height of around 1 meter...

Well maybe you can pick a little kitchen table at wallmart, theres little you can do, try the bag its awesome and carries all the little things too.

Kemper White

Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt

MOTU Ultralite MK2

ELAM 251 Handmade

• Thx Rafael:thumbup::thumbup:

• I use a Husky rolling tool bag that has enough support to set the KPA on top and put it off to the side of me. As I have back and leg issues I have to sit while playing and the KPA on the bag is at a nice height for quick adjustments.

• ok, I'm normally standing while playing so I would need something a bit higher, but nice to hear how others are dealing with this :)

A lot of the pro bands I see video of have either Kemper racks in a 19 inch rack or a speaker cabinet where the toaster is on top....

We go straight to PA and use in-ears so no need for cabinets...

• 6U Rackmount for 3U unpowered Kemper, with Line6 G90, Korg Tuner & Matrix Poweramp. This sits on a 4 x 10 Marshall cab, with a double layer dense foam sheet in between to dampen vibrations.

• Thanks Saint.. ya that looks promising.... i saw some other beamer stands.. a bit comparable but more like a small but high table with wheels..

This is more compact and smaller to carry too I guess..

Is it stable enough?

• If I were in your situation (in-ears), I would likely buy me an Ikea Kallax and turn it around so it's 77cm high. put the Kemper on top and use the spaces below to put some fancy decoration. Simple examples for decoration would be:

• velcro a printed cloth with 2x12 speakers (fake cab)
    • put a rock'n'roll teddy bear and a lava lamp :D
    • ... (add your own crazy idea)

Basically whatever fits your style and/or humor. :)

• hahaha the fake cab idea is great lightbox :)
    could put up a giant hotdog too... geezz... could change it every gig!! got myself a new gimmick ;)

only thing is that it takes quite some space while moving.. but I'll definitely keep it in mind!!!

• of een frikandel en vleeskroketjes :D

patatjes met plectrums :D en een gitaarkabel er tussen door!!!!!

• The floor.

Ya ok - but not so convenient when wanting to adjust anything huh? But always available - I'll give you that :)

• Ya I used a line6 podxtlive earlier but i only did editing on the computer..

It wasn’t really easy doing it on the floor... so i guess the Stage has the same flaw for me...

Having the toaster on my desk makes editing a breeze so live i want it at a convenient height as well..

• Hmm, that would be a Profiler Stage then ?

No, it's a KPA Profiler which sits in a rack on the floor of the stage most of the times to be invisible from front. I use the remote only and usually do no tweaking during a gig.

At home the rack is sitting on kind of a side-board.