Profiler Stage - COPY/PASTE - Performance slots (Rigs)

• My method for building a performance/song is to create a basic sound in slot 1 and then copy that rig to the other slots where I later add/remove FX for other parts of the song.

I've seen in the forum that many people use this same approach.

We create songs and parts during rehearsals so I hope to be able to keep doing this efficiently on the Stage, otherwise I'm better of sticking to the toaster.

A workaround is to "Export Rig To Pool" and load that rig in the other slots via the Browse knob. That works but creates multiple rigs with the same name in your pool. Far from an elegant solution.

In the performance main screen:

'Edit' >> 'Slot Settings'

now gives us 'Move Slot' and 'Rename Slote' and there is still one Soft Button free.

Could this perhaps be used for 'Copy Slot' (and change to 'Paste Slot' when a slot is copied to the clipboard)?

Thank you for taking this into consideration!

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• It was pointed out to me by sambrox in another thread that the manual states that this is already possible.

Quote from the manual

COPY and PASTE Buttons (N/A)

In case you miss the COPY and PASTE buttons that you know from the other PROFILER variants, there is good news: The PROFILER Stage offers a clipboard, too!

You can copy and paste any module (A-D, Amplifier, Cabinet, X-REV) as well as the entire stack section. When a module is in focus, hold its button again for two seconds to open the copy/paste screen. For the stack section, press both AMPLIFIER and CABINET buttons to enter the stack section and then hold both buttons again for two seconds.

Following the same principle in Performance Mode, you can also copy and paste complete Slots by holding the RIG button for two seconds.

It doesn't work for me however.

Holding the RIG button only opens the Rig settings menu and pressing it longer or again does nothing.

I've opened a support ticket.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Kemper support’s reply came today:

this function will be implemented later, but it is already in the manual.

With a next OS version this function should also be available.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• I have tried this as i was experiencing the same problem .... however i have sorted it and it does work on my updated Kemper stage

select a rig ..... ie, performance 1 slot 5 press and hold rig button ...it will then give option to copy rig ! then select another performance and slot i.e.. performance 2 slot 3 ...press and hold rig button paste will then come up as an option on top soft button simply paste it it works i have just done it .

• You are mixing different concepts.

Loading a Rig from browse pool into a Slot of a Performance works via BROWSE knob.

Coyping a Rig from one Slot of Performance Mode into another Slot of Performance Mode hold the RIG button at your Stage and a coap/paste overlay will open.

The Acoustic Simulator works in any mode.

To copy an effect module incl. any effect e.g. Acoustic Simulator, open the modules and then hold the module button once again at your Stage another copy/paste overlay will appear.

An effect can be loaded into an effect module by type (TYPE knob) or preset (BROWSE knob).

I suggest you start reading the first pages of the manuals in order to understand basic operation and teminology.

• Thanks but the issue is a bug (Using Rig Manager) : copy into a bloc do not completly erase previus information in the destination bloc.

I foud a solution : copy into another free bloc, erase the unnecessary : it works.

Fo a 10 years old system, the Kemper should check more carrefully bugs...

Edited once, last by Algado ().

• a performance is divided into 5 rigs... I think these are your blocs?

Yes, OK, so i repost the problem :

Copy a rig from local riga manager to a performance do not overwrite and sometime the new rig do not work properly.

To avoid the problem : copy to a free rig (no information inside), move the rig up and delete the previus rig... Initialise performance sometime do not clear all data...

• Now we know, we are talking about Rig Manager and Slots.

This is from the Main Manual chapter Performance Mode. It explains the rules around Slot Name and might explain the behavior you report:

It helps to assign meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds, Performances and Slots could, for example, carry names of songs and musical scenes, or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

• Now we know, we are talking about Rig Manager and Slots.

This is from the Main Manual chapter Performance Mode. It explains the rules around Slot Name and might explain the behavior you report:

It helps to assign meaningful names to Performances and Slots. Depending on how you want to organize your sounds, Performances and Slots could, for example, carry names of songs and musical scenes, or amplifiers and amp channels. Be aware that as long as the Slot Name is identical to that of the loaded Rig, Slot Name will be automatically updated as soon as another Rig is loaded into that Slot. But if you have entered a Slot Name different to the Rig Name (for example “Solo”), it will stay untouched if you load another Rig into that Slot. However, there is a function called “Use Rig Name” on the Rename Slot screen, which allows you to reset Slot Name to Rig Name.

OK, this is an explanation, not a solution :(

No warning, nothing to help, noting in concordance with windows (or MAC) copy-past function...

It is like I replace a word in my text and you deceide to change my past because your programmer did not implement the function correctly...

For me it is not a solution.

PS : By the way : why the slot name change in this case ?

• If you are building performane from the scratch you start with empty performance. I am using 2 different ways how to create empty performance in RM: initialize or just overwrite it with "empty performance" ( drag and drop with holding control). Than you can rename slots and create for example "structure" of particular song (intro, verse, solo etc.) and if you than just want to change the rig in one particular slot you don' t want to rename it. So what you are calling bug is in fact usefull feature :)

• If you are building performane from the scratch you start with empty performance. I am using 2 different ways how to create empty performance in RM: initialize or just overwrite it with "empty performance" ( drag and drop with holding control). Than you can rename slots and create for example "structure" of particular song (intro, verse, solo etc.) and if you than just want to change the rig in one particular slot you don' t want to rename it. So what you are calling bug is in fact usefull feature :)

Yes, I did.:)

If names are so important in the Kemper database, why they did not decide not to overwrite those name par la fonction "paste"?

Imagine : First you could create a performance, with the name "Europa", you could create 3 slots: "Intro"-"Rotating Cabinet"-"Solo", and AFTER, you could past the appropriate Rig in each slot, without problem...

They could also use the conditional "paste" like in Winword, who ask you if you prefer destination or origin format :P

This function is not verry nicely implemented in my opinion. ;)

• It's a feature for user convenience and the explanation is already in the manual text I shared. You are copying and pasting a Rig. Slot related settings are not part of the Rig as such, but follow or don't based on the logic mentioned above. So, there is no copy/paste issue.