Remove feet and Velcro to a pedal board.

• What do I need to do to remove the feet of the Kemper stage and Velcro it to a pedal board? Can the feet and screws just be removed? Do the screws have to go back in the unit? What about airflow. I need a way to fix it to a wooden board that lives in its own flightcase where an expression pedal will also be mounted. Lid lifts off, plug in and ready to play.

• No idea on the screws. I'd be inclined to leave them there and build some risers to mount it. Nothing fancy. Heck, a piece of plywood mounted to the bottom would do it. Leave the vents clear...done.

As for the vents, if you do take the feet off I'd mount it with at least as much clearance as the feet provide.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thank you.

That’s a bit of a pain but understandable if there is a vent.

Hmmmm. What to do. It’s a fly rig and the baggage handlers really throw these flight cases around and Velcro is the only thing I have found where the floorboard is still always attached to the wooden base plate after flights.

• Thank you.

Hmmmm. What to do. It’s a fly rig and the baggage handlers really throw these flight cases around and Velcro is the only thing I have found where the floorboard is still always attached to the wooden base plate after flights.

Idea: Remove the screws. Find longer ones of the same type. Create stand-offs the same height as the existing feet. Fender washers come to mind. Stack ‘em up and screw the thing to the board.

Bonus if you have the guts to challenge the bag handlers. “Knock it off....I dare you.”

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thank you.

IF your board isn't covered in loop, you might want to try some dual lock tape. works like velcro but 1000 times stronger and stiffer. You can stack it high enough by putting a few pieces sticky side to sticky side, then just add as needed for height. It'll still be strong enough to lift the entire board by the remote without falling out or shifting around. Best pedal mount tape ever imo. FYI that stuff REALLY locks in hard so 1 inch pieces maximum!

Edited once, last by dfdfan ().

• IF your board isn't covered in loop, you might want to try some dual lock tape. works like velcro but 1000 times stronger and stiffer. You can stack it high enough by putting a few pieces sticky side to sticky side, then just add as needed for height. It'll still be strong enough to lift the entire board by the remote without falling out or shifting around. Best pedal mount tape ever imo. FYI that stuff REALLY locks in hard so 1 inch pieces maximum!

• Sorry to reply so late to this post, but I just found this and wanted to share it with those interested in mounting their Kemper Stage on a pedal board with Dual Lock.

Dual Lock is awesome, I agree. I was searching for the perfect way to mount my Kemper Stage to my giant pedal board without restricting airflow to the vent on the bottom. In my search I found these little things from a company called Waytek inc (https://www.waytekwire.com/item/92008/3M-SJ-3463-Dual-Lock-Tape-Rounds-Black-/). It was $10.90 for a pack of 25. They are basically Dual Lock disks without adhesive but with a hole four mounting with screws. And the bonus is the Kemper Stage screws that hold the rubber feet in place hit perfectly. The screw head fits perfectly in the recess and the screw shaft fits the hole perfectly. And who doesn't love it when the shaft fits the hole perfectly right?!

But seriously, these things are like a direct replacement for the rubber feet. You will still need some Dual Lock to mount to your board. I just cut four 1" square pieces, attached them to the Dual Lock disks I replaced the rubber feet with. Made sure they were straight, pleased the tape and stuck it to the board. It's not going anywhere!

The other cool thing that I thought of with these things is to take the rubber feet that were removed and use properly sized machine screws and nuts to attach the Waytek Dual Lock disks to the top of the rubber feet. This way if you want to yank the Kemper Stage off of the pedal board for home use sans pedal board, you could just slap the rubber feet back on via the Dual Lock. Thereby protecting the Dual Lock and also keep the Kemper Stage from sliding around on surfaces like hardwood floors and smooth basement concrete floors. I have not done this part yet as I intend to leave the Kemper Stage on the pedal board at home also.

I hope you find this useful.