Kemper settings vs FRFR

• Hi guys i was wondering if one of you could point me the right direction. Before I bought the stage, I was running a Helix LT through a Friedman ASM-12, I would bu using the ASM on 1/2 of its master volume and it would still be super loud and pounding. ( i was running a combination of 2 IRs a 57 with -9db of a royer 121 and it was just smashing like a real guitar cab)

With the stage I'm set to -12dB Main out and 0dB Monitor out, running the monitor out to the FRFR and I am almost fully dimed and still don't cut through it sounds a bit... papery?!
    During this weekend I will try tamper with the monitor output EQ, sometimes these studio profiles sound great through FOH but in room you need to increase mids and other parameters.

Is there anything else I should look into in my settings? Should I increase the individual rig volumes or the volume on the amp sim settings? I'm using professional profiles by sinmix and STL.
    thanks boiz

Edited once, last by KRoll86 ().

• Try different profiles. For example, MBritt profiles were created for live use with FRFR, whereas sinmix creates and tests his in the context of a studio mix, often multitracked. As most people are aware, guitars on a record can stand a heck of a lot more high end than most would be able to stand at live volumes, often to the detriment of mids ("smily face" scooped EQ shape). It might just be as you say, a matter of increasing the mids.