In search of 90s tones!

• Hello Kemper-land. I've had my eye on a Kemper for years but the release of the Stage finally pushed me in, so here I am.

My main gig is a 90s cover band. I'm not really interested in having a performance setup for every single song in a 45-song gig but what I WOULD like is to have 4 or 5 "go to" rigs that can cover all of my bases and get me close enough. Currently I'm just doing this by having 3 or 4 different distortion pedals at my disposal and it's been working just fine. I'm looking for suggestions on the best rigs out there to cover the following categories (bonus points for leading me towards an affordable rig pack that can do it all)...

1. Alternative stuff: (e.g., Gin Blossoms, Matchbox 20, Counting Crows, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Oasis, Third Eye Blind, Hootie And The Blowfish)
    2. Crunchier stuff: (e.g., Stone Temple Pilots, Fuel, Stroke 9)
    3. Gainer stuff: (e.g., Green Day, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Lenny Kravitz)
    4. Heavier stuff: (e.g., Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Rage Against The Machine)

Obviously some of these bands fall into multiple categories, but you get the idea.

Thanks in advance!

• Really quick, I would suggest looking at some of Deadlight Studio's freebies in the Rig Exchange. Don't be afraid to back the gain from some profiled amps to get you in the ballpark of a few you mentioned. I have really gotten some great success with their profiles. There is so many good profiles from others too in the exchange.

• nightstick , one of my favorites of Deadlight's is the Mars VM 1 Hi Sue. Very versatile by playing with the gain, bass, middle and treble. I edited a few times for high to mid gains. Great profile. I have bought Top Jimi's JJ amp and the Brown Sound and they are quite good anf versatile too. Choptones 2144 are really good from low to high too.