Do i need a subwoofer ?

• Hi, i got a Kemper Yesterday and puged in into my yamaha hs7 and the least i can say is that the sound coming from the monitoring is very very "flat". I'm not new i come from Bias Fx so i know how flat sound monitoring systems but does adding a subwoofer like the Hs8s or any other will make the sound more "enjoyable" ?

Ps: i plugged my Hi Fi system and obviously those system are more for entertainement than studio use but the monitoring lack of bass is a bit annoying

• Well, kind of. But the most frustrating thing is that i've using Bias Fx for a while on the same setup but it sounded kind of better.. I will try a different placement and may cab settings it might be where is the problem

• i'd get a sub if i were you, i have pretty small sized monitors (Dynaudio Lyd5) and bought an Adam Sub8 after a couple of weeks after getting the monitors. Difference is night and day, for playing the Kemepr but also for everything else.

I was pretty disapointed with just the monitors and first i just wanted to get bigger monitors since i had 30day money back option but i thought i'd give the little ones a try with a sub ... in the end i 'm glad i opted for the tiny monitors with the sub, sounds awesome and is plenty loud for anything i need ... even when a jam needs to get a bit too loud for safe hearing it still sounds amazing 8o my sub has adjustable frequency crossover which is a great feature i didn't have with any of my previous subs and something i wouldn't wanna live without anymore. It's really usefull for dialing in the mid/bass sweetspot on some profiles ... and with the sub the Kemper bass patches also sound killer.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• Back back in these days I got some BM5A MK II with the fitting subwoofer. With BM 6A or the BM 12 I think I would skip the subwoofer. At least that is what I thought after listening to all three models at Frankfurt musikmesse...

• Back back in these days I got some BM5A MK II with the fitting subwoofer. With BM 6A or the BM 12 I think I would skip the subwoofer. At least that is what I thought after listening to all three models at Frankfurt musikmesse...

yeah i had the BM6 MK2's about 10 years ago with the sub and sold the sub after a while since i did a lot of mastering and mixing back then and i just got carried away with the low end when using the sub and it didn't translate well into recordings. Even for electronic music the BM6s were perfect without the sub.

nowadays i don't mix & master anymore and just play for fun so i love the sub cause it's just a much fuller and pleasant sound to get carried away in :) i rarely use the Kemper with a guitar cab cause i think it sounds better and more fun with the sub and monitors. before i got the sub i was using the guitar cab much more.

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• When switching between headphone, monitoring or active cab what setting do i have to change the preset since i on't want to change it all ? Ex : with headphone i've got more treble but i don't want to mess with the setting of the amp the screw everything, is it something related to the cab module ?