*** SOLVED/EXCHANGED*** KEMPER STAGE - Broken Effect Button III ?

• Before I open a support ticket I want to ask if anybody else experienced this and if this is only a software issue:

The Effect Switch III (one of the Effect switches I - IIII in the above row) of my Stage does not work properly. It will only turn on/off the programmed effect every 10th-25th time of pushing or so (or just else randomly). Most of the time it just doesn´t react at all. The lights of that button turn on and off when you use the soft buttons to turn on/off the effect that is stored with this switch but you neither can turn the effect on/off with switch III, nor can you program that switch by holding down the according effect soft button and then pushing it. It also does not react with already programmed effects/performances. All the other knobs (I, II and IIII) work properly.

What´s wrong?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Just in case you are interested in how Kemper reacted:

Kemper support has already contacted me, only two hours after I asked them for help: :thumbup::thumbup:

On a Saturday afternoon: :thumbup::thumbup:

They told me they will send me a new unit: :thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, it is annoying when something like this occurs, but wow, that´s a support.

The problem is a very small, mechanical one and although it can be fixed easily I will receive a new unit. The fixing (or the "making sure that this never will occur again") found its way into the "new" production line already.

Thank you very much, Kemper team.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• That’s what’s so great about being part of the Kemper journey. You are not just investing in one of the greatest ever guitar inventions but you are investing in a company which supports and cares for its users. To me this is what matters when buying anything :)

• Got the Stage this week, and the weekend was the first opportunity to have a play and start to learn its capabilities.

Damn! ||

I have the same issue (Effect Switch I in my case).

Open a support ticket. You have to get a new unit.

• Kemper support got in touch Monday morning asking for address and phone number, which I've given, but heard nothing back since then. Is this usual?

The other thing is that the damn issue seems to have gone away! Sunday the Effect Switch was unresponsive. Monday it was activating some of the time. Today its working perfectly. Dilemma is whether the unit is "settling in" or whether its a problem that's going to return. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks.

• Kemper support got in touch Monday morning asking for address and phone number, which I've given, but heard nothing back since then. Is this usual?

The other thing is that the damn issue seems to have gone away! Sunday the Effect Switch was unresponsive. Monday it was activating some of the time. Today its working perfectly. Dilemma is whether the unit is "settling in" or whether its a problem that's going to return. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks.

Same with me:

In a phone call on Monday and in another on Tuesday I was told that Kemper had all the information for an exchange. Yesterday I received an Email with the information that the exchange process is activated and will soon be carried out. As it was a production issue (error), I suppose there are quite a few units with this problem that have to be exchanged now, so support must be overheating!

Other than that, yes, I would have your unit exchanged in any case! The problem with some of these first units is a too short distance between a mechanical and an electronical component. Kemper told me that this issue has been solved with the newer units. So you never know if you will experience this issue with the old units again, (for example with different temperatures) even if for the moment it seems to be working fine.

• tmaycock please post your ticket number

... you haven´t asked but here is mine: #KA00172497
    - just in case you want to double check ;).

Other than that: I thank the Kemper team for all its efforts. Errors can always happen. It is only how you "support" them.

• tmaycock - you'll get an answer shortly, the support agent just received the necessary RMA documents

Alienator - you'll get an answer in 1-2 days, support just requested the necessary RMA documents

we do try to reply as soon a we can but as for returns, we have to create a UPS label and some other documents. usually that takes about a day.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Alienator - you'll get an answer in 1-2 days, support just requested the necessary RMA documents

we do try to reply as soon a we can but as for returns, we have to create a UPS label and some other documents. usually that takes about a day.

That was quick: I received the email with the RMA documents 3 hours ago, just after your post. The old unit is on its way, now. I can't wait to get the new stage :love:... other than that broken footswitch III I just loved this unit.

Thank you for the good support so far. Maybe you should consider an exchange at the customers' door if that is possible with DHL or IPS. It would save a lot of time for both sides imho.

Edited 5 times, last by Alienator ().

• Update:

exactly 10 days... New Stage has arrived today. After a first glimpse and ckeck of the switches everything is working just fine :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

Thank you!

• Oh no...

I thought I was fine after 10 days of waiting. I have mounted my stage to my new all in one pedalboard already because the switches work perfectly and now I am expierienceing this same TICKING ISSUE like this:

Ticking Noise On Stage.

What the hell?! Please say, that this is only a software thing! I am getting gradually mad! I do not want to unmount, send back, wait again only for maybe getting a stage that works. Sorry for my getting emotional at this point, but the situation begins to suck a little bit.