Hate to be that guy but...Help Recommend Me a FRFR/GRFR Solution

• I need instant gratification and I need it now! :S Do you guys think I should just hold out for this, or go with one of the earlier options?

I think you should by one of each.

Sorry. Putting out fire with GAS. Not helpful. I'll see myself out... :)

Add that to the fact that most of the sound is traveling past us at below waist height and it’s little wonder sound guys are always complaining the guitar is too loud on stage ?

I suppose I should be thankful, but one of the big selling factors of the DXR10 was that it was the only one that would actually fit in the car, where my 1x12 V30 cab wouldn't. Were it otherwise I would probably be collecting speakers to replace all the tube amps I just sold. But yeah, one of the things I like about the DXR10 is the wedge monitor thing. It's just for me anyway since the audience gets FOH, so it helps keep it out of the mix.

The MBritt wants to run all the way to the back of the room and jump out the window!

I'd pay the cover charge to see that! :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• I'm still using a Atomic CLR NEO CAB AND LOVE IT

I ran this setup live and I liked it, too. But a few years ago I went back to school to get my Master's degree, and all gigging stopped. I sold the Neo CLR and just played my powered toaster at home through a no name 1x12 with a Mesa/Celestion Black Shadow speaker.

School's done, and I'm looking to start gigging again soon, so I've been looking for a new setup. The march of miniaturization keeps going, so I dipped my toes into the small form water and just bought a pair of Headrush 108s. Based on the clips I've heard, I have high hopes these will be flatter and more even sounding than my Yamaha DXRs (what I used prior to the CLR). The Yamaha was small and well designed, but it was mid heavy and sounded a bit boxy. I hope the Headrush does a better job.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• I used to play over a normal diezel 2x12 cab but also wanted the full benefit of the profiles so went FR ...

I got a passive CLR which was heavy as hell but to me sounded to pristine not guitar cab like. Because I always wanted a backup device (HX stomp btw) a active solution was the way to go. I ordered A redsound RS LG12 Neo (400 watt class A/B with 12 inch custom designed neo speaker) and i'm still blown away by this. Sounds massive , pure guitarsound nothing HiFi (It's GRFR), dunno if the class A/B has something to do with it ? It's really loud , you need to stand min 1.5m away from it to hear it properly because it sits on the floor (hence nice bass reponse) ...

Really happy with it , lightwight , massive sound

Raf

ps : had it next to a friedman ASC12 once and could'nt believe how bad that one sounded through the same patch (thin, no body whatsoever)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

Edited once, last by Roeffel ().

• So I have tried most of the powered options out there and have gotten so ok results with some. Some went back the same day. I got in front of the ValveTrain MBRITT and I have to say it’s THE BEST. Nothing else is as true to a real amp as it is. You don’t need to EQ anything. You don’t need to turn the cab off in the Kemper. Just plug in and turn up. It sounds freakin great. Real tube amp feel with the Kemper tones. I am a true fan. My main gig is a Heart tribute with 2 gtrs, keys and a loud bass player. The VT cuts right thru. Never shrill or boomy. It just sounds like a gtr amp. If you’re looking for an amp to work with the Kemper , you should really check this out.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• So I have tried most of the powered options out there and have gotten so ok results with some. Some went back the same day. I got in front of the ValveTrain MBRITT and I have to say it’s THE BEST. Nothing else is as true to a real amp as it is. You don’t need to EQ anything. You don’t need to turn the cab off in the Kemper. Just plug in and turn up. It sounds freakin great. Real tube amp feel with the Kemper tones. I am a true fan. My main gig is a Heart tribute with 2 gtrs, keys and a loud bass player. The VT cuts right thru. Never shrill or boomy. It just sounds like a gtr amp. If you’re looking for an amp to work with the Kemper , you should really check this out.

My wallet hates you right now...

oie_n3P8QiTH1jAW.png

• You sticking with the cab, or just IEMs?

I’m using both. I usually pull one ear out. Best of both worlds. Hear and feel the cab and the IEM allows me to have a perfect mix no matter where I am on stage. I tend to wander around a lot when we play.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• I’m using both. I usually pull one ear out. Best of both worlds. Hear and feel the cab and the IEM allows me to have a perfect mix no matter where I am on stage. I tend to wander around a lot when we play.

The MBritt PowerTrain Stage 50 does not hav FRFR speaker, so, how well it translates extremely different amps without coloring the sound?

For example, how accurate it delivers Fender Amp profiles through 2x12 cabinet, vs. a Mesa profile with 4x14 mesa cab. or a Marshall JCM?