Ticking Noise On Stage.

• Hey guys. I’ve posted this in a few threads and I’m not getting any answers.

I returned my Stage because of this ticking issue that occurred every 13 seconds. The shop told me they’d replace it.

I got my new one delivered today I’m still having the weird ticking noise issue!

I’ve changed amps, speakers, power amps, leads, guitars, changed plug sockets, put it through a monitor, and it still does it. I do not hear it through headphones, and it’s mainly audible through the Monitor Out.

I’ll bring it to practice tomorrow so I can test it out as I wonder if it’s some strange interference it’s picking up. The issue is quite low volume, and doesn’t increase massively with a volume increase so when you’re playing you can’t hear it at all.

I’m thinking that it’s picking something up. My Powerhead doesn’t do it. And it’s not coming through the headphones so I have no idea.

Does anyone have a clue what it could be?

Here’s a video of the issue.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is your cellphone anywhere near the Kemper/amd/speaker?

I've had "similar" but not exactly the same noises happen randomly with my phone on top of the Kemper.

Radio signals can get picked up by various electronic devices.

Just a thought.

• Sounds like the neighbours banging on the door. They either want you to turn down or play requests ?

I haven’t ever heard a noise like that from my Powerhead but I remember the first time I heard a weird ticking on the playback of a recording. We tried to everything to locate the culprit but nothing we did made any difference. Then we noticed that it only happened when I put my hand on the guitar neck. It turned out it was the ticking of my watch being picked up by the guitar and amplified. That was 1995 and I still suffer from that problem to this day.

• I'm having the same issue with my Profiler Stage. I'm getting this echoing ticking sound through the monitor out. It's really quiet, so I only notice it when I stop playing. I've checked the other outputs and they seem to be fine. The only fix that I have come up with is running mono through Send 1. Another problem that I have found is that the ground lift on the monitor causes a loud hiss when activated. I'm hoping these bugs can be fixed with an update cause I really don't want to send it back.

KK

• I'm having the same issue with my Profiler Stage. I'm getting this echoing ticking sound through the monitor out. It's really quiet, so I only notice it when I stop playing. I've checked the other outputs and they seem to be fine. The only fix that I have come up with is running mono through Send 1. Another problem that I have found is that the ground lift on the monitor causes a loud hiss when activated. I'm hoping these bugs can be fixed with an update cause I really don't want to send it back.

KK

Make sure you open a ticket anyway. That way it's on record in case you need a replacement.

KK

Yea that’s what happened with me too! I turned the ground lift on and it hissed!

Does it sound like it does in the video??

• Sounds like the neighbours banging on the door. They either want you to turn down or play requests ?

I haven’t ever heard a noise like that from my Powerhead but I remember the first time I heard a weird ticking on the playback of a recording. We tried to everything to locate the culprit but nothing we did made any difference. Then we noticed that it only happened when I put my hand on the guitar neck. It turned out it was the ticking of my watch being picked up by the guitar and amplified. That was 1995 and I still suffer from that problem to this day.

I have experienced the same phenomena when wearing a soundbrenner pulse on my fingering hands wrist :p

• Exactly the same sound as in video.

Okay. At least I’m not going mad! I was going to return this one and got another store to check on one before I bought a new one and returned this and both of theirs did it too, so it’s a little more common than initially thought.

• Damn, I´ve received my second stage today after the first was broken and I am expieriencing this same ticking noise now! What the hell is wrong? Have you fixed it somehow or does it still tick?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• Ok, what I have found out is that with my unit the ticking noise seems to occur only when I put an FX loop (distortion in my case) into the chain - which I do lot and I do not want to stop doing it. Performances that come stock with the unit don´t seem to produce this ticking noise. Do you experience the same with inserted loops or does it tick all the time no matter what?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Damn, I´ve received my second stage today after the first was broken and I am expieriencing this same ticking noise now! What the hell is wrong? Have you fixed it somehow or does it still tick?

Hi. Well no I haven’t found a fix. Mine happens regardless if I have anything in the loop.

Kemper Support #1 Why does mine do it without using the loop? Are they related or what?

Thanks for the update.

• so far we only have been able to reproduce the issue by activating the loop in hi gain rigs. I will let our developers know that you also experience it without the loop.

Thanks. I believe they’re aware. I’ve been in contact with support since I bought the Stage a couple of weeks ago.

The issue is explained in detail in this thread too.