Getting to know the stage.. hick ups and other stuff

• Hi guys,

Been testing my stage extensively and I have some questions. Maybe some of you can shed some light on these.?

First it froze when changing effects parameters. ( stated "assembling rigs...")I have updated tot the latest firmware (7.01) from support on the website and it looks like it was solved.

A few hours later it froze again.:/ Got an error regarding the clock settings. Strange. It was set, but I had to set it again. Problem looks to be solved.

It got me worried now. I have opened a ticket already, but maybe some of you recognize this?

Than I downloaded Rig Manager. It worked oke, at first. The next day however, it could not connect to the stage. RM froze. The procedure stated was first to start up the Stage and after that de RM. Tried different USB cables and another PC. I then opened RM, with the Stage connected and fired up the Stage and it worked again. Ingolf's procedure (thanks).

Just saying this in case some of you might have the same issue.:thumbup:

I have read the manual ( I'm already dizzy, ..so many pages..=O) but for the life of me, I do not understand how to get a rig in a specific slot. Some times, with sheer luck, have managed, but can someone explain in simple terms how I have to dot that?

I thought importing them and assigning them to a slot and a footswitch might be easier by RM, but again, I can't get my head around it. Yes, I AM new to Kemper and to the Stage.

I know it's all a matter of trying, but some tips are very welcome!

All in all, I am very happy with my Stage;). The sounds are incredible and it is by far the easiest way to get killer amps and tones, compared to the endless tweaking of my Atomic Amplifier. The sounds are so much fuller and thicker and the effects are insanely good (especially the reverbs and delay's)

A happy Kemper still.:)

Greetz,

Martijn

• I also had the freeze and clock setup error a few times but thought it was related to RM being connected.

Are you certain that you downloaded RM after the clock error? I've been using the Stage for 4 days without crashes just by not having RM connected.

If you're 100% certain that you've had the Stage freeze on you on 7.0.1 without RM connected please confirm because then I may have to reconsider using it for concerts this weekend.

To get a rig in a slot:

• go to performance mode
    • turn 'Browse' knob to choose rig and press down on 'Browse' knob to select
    • optional: use 'Page' buttons to select another slot and repeat the procedure
    • press 'Store' if you're happy with the performance.

Get a sound,
    Feel the groove,
    Make something happen.

• Hi MuktiG,

Thanks for your reply. :thumbup:Yes I am sure RM was not connected when the clock error occurred.

I have contacted support already and will let you know what they have to say.
    I will use your procedure to place a rig in a slot. I think I was at fault because I selected a rig, as you decribed and pressed the footswitch of the slot I wants to be the rig in. That worked, but apparently not every time. Forgot all about the "Store" button, I guess:/=O

Greetz,

Martijn