RJM Mastermind PBC/6X with a Kemper

• Brand new from RJM:

What's new about this model?

The big new feature is the ability to rearrange loop order. Your effects can automatically be placed in a different order for each preset. Aside from that, it's smaller and less expensive than the original Mastermind PBC, making it more suitable for smaller pedalboards.

What are its main tech specs?

• 6 audio loops
    • 1 insert loop, which can be used for a 7th effect, a split point for the 4 cable method or other special routing arrangements
    • 3 loops and the insert loop are switchable between mono and stereo
    • Programmable loop order per preset
    • 1 switchable buffer at the input, and 1 buffer in the insert loop
    • Secondary, switchable unbuffered input
    • Expression pedal input
    • External switch input accepts 1 or 2 button switch
    • Function switch output which can control channel switching on some amps, or additional feature switching on select pedals
    • MIDI output jack, which can be split into an input and output using a Y cable
    • USB connector for connection to a computer to use with our Mastermind Editor or DAW software
    • Easy to read LCD screen displays preset and song names
    • Built-in tuner
    • Fully user configurable using the Mastermind Editor software
    • Extensive MIDI support (the same as our other Masterminds)
    • Built in support for many popular MIDI devices

Why is it called PBC/6X?

The "X" indicates that this is a matrix switcher, which means that you can change the order of loops. We wanted to differentiate the PBC/6X from the PBC/10, which is a relay switcher.

Is the PBC/10 going to be discontinued?

No, we're selling both PBC models.

Will there be a PBC/10X?

We haven't decided that yet. We'd love to hear your opinion on this!

Can I upgrade my original PBC to have loop reordering?

Sorry, no, that would require a complete redesign.

Why would I want the PBC/6X over the PBC/10?

• The PBC/6X is smaller, which allows it to fit on smaller pedalboards (or allows you to put more pedals on a big board!)
    • The PBC/6X is less expensive
    • The PBC/6X has the ability to change its loop order on the fly

Why would I want the PBC/10 over the PBC/6X?

• The PBC/10 has more: 10 audio loops (4 stereo), 2 insert points, 3 buffers, 4 function switches, 11 buttons
    • The PBC/10 has an internal line mixer that allows you to use parallel effect routing
    • The PBC/10 has individual left and right outputs, and the right output has an isolation transformer and phase switch
    • The PBC/10's layout has more space in between buttons and a larger LCD
    • The PBC/10 uses relay switching which allows you to use it without any buffers. Matrix switching needs a buffer in front of it when used with a standard guitar

In short, if small size, lower cost or loop reordering are a priority, the PBC/6X is probably a better choice. If you are planning a larger pedalboard with extensive use of stereo effects and parallel routing, then the PBC/10 is what you're looking for.

Why is there no line mixer / parallel capability in the PBC/6X?

The primary goal was to have a smaller, less expensive PBC. Adding an internal line mixer would interfere with both of those goals. You can use our Mini Line Mixer in conjunction with the PBC/6X to get up to three loops in parallel. You won't be able to switch between series and parallel on the fly - you'll get full time parallel routing for the loops connected to the mixer.

What are the dimensions and weight of the PBC/6X?

Dimensions: 10.1 x 4.4 x 2.4 inches (25.7 x 11.1 x 6.1 cm)

Weight: 2 lb (0.9 kg)

This has an editor that like the MMGT series is easy to use, quick to set up with its many fully implemented devices.

Yes, the Kemper is supported.

Even if you already own a Stage or a Rack/Toaster with a Kemper Remote, this will add tons of functionality.

So say you have a Remote or a Stage, what good is having more buttons? How about leaving the Kemper's

overall control with the Stage or Remote and dedicate the PBC/6X to individual stomps?

And for anyone with pedals, guitar preamps, multi-effects units, the possibilities are endless for mixing and matching gear.

And reordering your gear on the fly.

• Its an interesting unit and the loop order matrix is a big selling point over the original PBC that I have. I don’t use any external pedals anymore so have no personal use for it and my own PBC sits in a case with the rest of my now redundant pedalboard (keeping just in case I ever want to drag out an old Mesa again). However, If I wanted a midi con with loops for building a compact Kemper companion pedal board this would be very high on the list. The RJM stuff is top quality, well designed andRon’s customer service is legendary.