Abother delay tails question

• I’ve done a quick search and found some older threads on this matter, but haven’t found anything recent or conclusive.

Looking to engage a delay for a single phrase of a passage, and have the tails keep going when i disengage. I know there is a CC that controls this specifically, but I’d like to know exactly what this will sound like prior to diving into MIDI mapping. Can this not be done via the front panel or profiler remote?

• Try setting delay for the phrase and then Morph the delay feedback (edited) to zero at phrase end. Delay is still active, tails and all??? Looper will work ?

Edited once, last by Booyah ().

• Try setting delay for the phrase and then Morph the delay feedback (edited) to zero at phrase end. Delay is still active, tails and all??? Looper will work ?

Not sure I follow. Changing feedback to zero kills the repeats also. Also, the notes that will be affected are not at the end of a phrase, they are a few harmonics mid-phrase.

How is this an issue? There must be a way for this to work.

• Spillover is only for the last two effects slots, so it would have to be in DEL or REV slot. Turn it on for the phrase you want to “record” and turn it off as soon as you’re done with that phrase. Set feedback to taste.

• Spillover is only for the last two effects slots, so it would have to be in DEL or REV slot. Turn it on for the phrase you want to “record” and turn it off as soon as you’re done with that phrase. Set feedback to taste.

My delay is indeed in the “DLY” slot. Is this some setting I’m missing?

It seems that this is only really possible using CC #27. In the end, this is fine because it will ultimately be MIDI mapped from an Ableton session, but definitely annoying because I have to involve our playback tech to draw in MIDI notes just to get the timing of my effects right.