Ability to set which rig is active when first selecting a Performance

• It would be fantastic to be able to set which Rig is active when you first select a Performance. What ever Rig was active when you saved the performance maybe.
    After a song has finished, I immediately switch to the next song (so next Performance in this case) then usually check my tuning. Having the correct first Rig active within the Performance is a great help when trying to get enough time between songs for quick tuning.
    Plus, I have 1-5 set pretty uniformly for similar sounds in our songs.
    1 is main Rhy Gtr.
    2 is Lead.
    3 Clean or a less distorted Rhy Gtr.
    4 is Harmony solos, static Wha or long delays in a coup,e of songs.
    5 is normally for an extra weird sound like a Leslie on something or an unusually long delay.
    Because they can be a little different depending on the song, it's nice to have done the work before hand for the first sound/Rig to have been selected on choosing the right song title/Performance.
    Is this doable in the future?

• Do you know you can choose from 3 options?

1. Keep perf keeps the slot you were on in the previous performance

2. Slot 1 automatically switches to slot 1 when a new perf is selected.

3. Pending. The performance is preselected but no slot is enabled until you hit switch 1-5.

These options are available from the System Menu.

• Yes, of course, I already read that in the manual. That is not what I would like to do hence the wish to have something different.
    I would like to choose per Performance exactly which Rig is active when selecting a given Performance. Not Rig 1, not what Rig was last active in the previous Performance and not no Rig selected. :)

• You can do that with MIDI.

I use Bandhelper on my tablet with a bluetooth MIDI adapter on the Kemper.

When I pick a song from the list in Bandhelper, that sends a MIDI command via bluetooth to the kemper which jumps to a particular performance and slot.

• You can do that with MIDI.

I use Bandhelper on my tablet with a bluetooth MIDI adapter on the Kemper.

When I pick a song from the list in Bandhelper, that sends a MIDI command via bluetooth to the kemper which jumps to a particular performance and slot.

I will not be using midi onstage. Just the Stage (and another Stage for backup). The Profiler Stage will be replacing two AX8's

• Yeah... I can see how my solution doesn't work for you.

oie_n3P8QiTH1jAW.png

Hmmm... Looks like Ingolf's suggestion is best so far, but I'd go along with your feature request!

Haha. Thank you. ?

Yes, I can live with just selecting a rig on recall of a performance but my way would be so much more convenient And buy a few more valuable seconds. Plus, if it’s says the right song name for the performance, I would know I have the correct first sound. Just been spoiled the way that I could do this with scenes from the device I have just come from.

We will see if it can be done in the future. ?

• Why not make slot 1 the one you start your song with?

Slots are easily movable, so when in one song you start clean and in another super distorted it's easily achievable?

Because slot one is always my main rhythm, slot 2 is always lead etc. The songs don’t necessarily start with those sounds though. they could start on a clean sound which is slot 3 or a semi distorted rhythm sound which is slot 4 along with anything that has a longer delay than the rest of the song (or even different delay tempo due to the intro being a different time signature). Those first 2 slots with the core sounds never change and I always know what they are.

• But all in all I can see why you would want more flexibility. ;)

Thank you. It’s honestly not a massive deal. Would just make things much more flexible. I am sure that a lot of people could benefit from being able to choose which one of the five slots could be active in any given Performance.

• I totally agree with the suggestion, you should be able to designate which slot loads automatically, not just slot 1. I was going to make a similar suggestion then found this thread.

Hopefully Kemper will consider for the next OS.