Help me! Ibanez AZ series dyna-mix9 wiring / HSS

• I am doing some upgrades on my Squier Deluxe guitar (stainless steel frets, tuners...).

Now I want to try out a new HSS pickup wiring with 1 volume and 1 tone knob and found this:

[Blocked Image: https://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=90588&d=1529396250&thumb=1]

When I go with a 500k tone pot too, I will need some resistors for single coil modes to see 250k, right?

Is this possible:
    Humbucker modes see 500k pots and single coil modes see 250k? I guess I just need to solder some resistors on the super switch :S

Anyone an idea how to do this and where to put the resistors in?

(I am not active on any other forum, so I hope someone here can help me)

• Yes, this is possible.

HSS Wiring

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• Thanks. Now I get he basic idea: Wiring a 470k pot parallel and to ground, right?

But how do I achieve that in dyna-mix9 diagram above using a superswitch?

And is it advisable to see the master tone 500k for humbucker with 22nf cap and around 250k 47nf for single coils/tap? How is this done? Or can I go with 500k and a 33nf cap with good result?

Any advice is appriciated! How does Ibanez manage this?

• Should it be the AZ circuit exactly?

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection

• Should it be the AZ circuit exactly?

No, not necessarily. Preferable I want a HSS wiring with only 1 volume and 1 tone knob, that takes care of the "humbucker-single coil-mix".

So that I can use the bridge humbucker with both 500k pots and still have some nice single coil tones - especially in neck position.

I can find wirings that come close, but they always use a second tone pot or something else missing.

The AZ circuit just got my attention. Either way, I have to figure out how to make the 500k pots into "250k pots", in switch positions where needed.