Plug Kemper into effect loop

• Hi, iv's found this guy's video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    that teach how to play the kpa throught the effects loop of the amp to next go trought de guitar cab. So i did that and it ended up i could'nt control de sound that was coming out of the cab it was crazy loud, did i made something wrong accordingto this guys it works

• It really depends on several factors. One is what signal level your effects loop wants to see at its return jack. Many amps these days have an effects loop that is switchable between +4dB (line level like you would see on rack effects gear) and -10dB (like most guitar effects pedals output). Some amps have a variable line loop level control. Whether the amp has a master volume and where is it placed in the circuit (before or after the effects loop) will impact it. Many Soldano amps have the effects loop before the tone stack which adds another variable. This kind of setup involves a bit of trial and error and will vary from amp to amp. It seemed to work well in the video with that particular amp but that won't always be the case as you found out. It is not as clear cut as grabbing your Kemper, your guitar amp and a few cables. It will sound good in some cases and not very good in others. To work well you need a super clean power amp that doesn't distort at all and a volume or master volume available to set the level of the power amp.

Edited once, last by alerich ().

• Most amps don’t have an FX loop volume knob. Many have the loop before the main master volume though so when using the FX return as an input the master volume controls the level of the return signal. If yours doesn’t do this it is probably because the loop return is after the master volume. Effectively you will be sending full power to the output but that shouldn’t be a problem. You would just reduce the output level on the Kemper itself.

• What tube amp are you using? Until you tell us specifically, we cannot know what your

hardware is capable of and what its limitations might be. Even if there are some limitations,

there may be workarounds.

Also, it might help if you describe your cabling; both method and type.

Please be specific.

• I’m not very good at reading schematics but it looks to me as if the volume controls for both channels are BEFORE the FX Send to would have no effect on the FX Return level that you are feeding from the Kemper. Basically the power amp is running flat out and it is the amount of signal sent to the FX loop that controls volume. There is no overall master volume on the amp (assuming ai read the schematic correctly). In this scenario the channel volumes serve as FX Send levels as well as volumes.

However, it does look as thought the reverb level control is after the FX loop. If you use the KPA in the Peavey Loop does the Reverb knob on the Peavey do anything?

• My bad sorry i thought he the master of Kemper it was a tribute anyway it's done you know.

I'm not sure what you mean by "if it doesn't work". I thought you were getting the sound but it was just super loud. If that's the case just use the master volume on the front of the Kemper instead of the amp volume. Have I misunderstood the issue?

Every Knob turned to 0 even the reverb since it was maybe supposed to be in the effects loop but still, so so loud the speaker is even cracking

• Every kobs even the master volume of the Kemper that's why i'm confusing. Anyway don't give you an headach try to solve my problem, the amp is probably not the best solution to reach my needs.

Thank you anyway for your help

• Hoestly, the amp should work fine the only issue being how you control volume.

If the Kemper Master Volume is at Zero and there is still sound coming out then the fault is one of two things:

A) a software bug on the Kemper- possible but I don't think its the most likely.

B) the Master volume isn't linked to the output you are using so turning it down has no effect. I think this is the most likely cause.

Have you checked your settings in the KPA Output Menu?

Which output are you using to send a signal to the Peavey? Main our or Monitor Out?

Make sure that the appropriate output is linked to the Master Volume knob on page 2 of the output menu. The lsoft keys above the display allow you to decide exactly which outputs are controlled by the master volume. This lets you do things like send a full power signal to FOH but still control your onstage monitor level yourself without screwing up the mix for the sound guy. I think from memory that the KPA comes with the Main Output unlinked but I can't remember now. (also bear in mind 0.0dB is full volume and negative infinity is Off).