Need help with folders in Rig manager

• Hi Guys

I have a number of folders with rigpacks. They are in subfolders of one folder called "Rigs" I copied the folder with all subfolders to the "Local Library "folder of Rig Manager.

The Rig folder and all the subfolders show up in Rig Manager, but unfortunatly the subfolders are empty. All the rigs in the subfolders only show up in the Rig Folder. Which is not so conveniant because there are hundreds. I want the organised in their own subfolder. Can I fix this?

Thanks

Steven

• Hi Paul. yeah I think that would work, but it will be an enormous task to hand pick every preset ant try to indentify where is has to go.

Hmm it does work when you create a subfolder first and import the rig into the folder.

• I copied the folder with all subfolders to the "Local Library "folder of Rig Manager.

This tells me that you tried to import the parent and sub-folders en-masse. My guess is that you chose the parent folder and hoped that it'd all work out.

You can't select a parent folder from the import menu, but you can drag a parent folder to your Local Library. I'd say that this is what you did. This imports all Rigs within its subfolders, but they'll not be separated into the appropriate folders from whence they came.

The only way to do this properly is to first create the parent, then the sub-folders in RM and drag the Rigs from your computer's subfolders into them. Even if you start over by deleting all those Rigs and creating the aforementioned folders, this will still be quicker than, as you say, hand picking "every preset and trying to indentify where is has to go".

• Hi Paul. yeah I think that would work, but it will be an enormous task to hand pick every preset ant try to indentify where is has to go.

Hmm it does work when you create a subfolder first and import the rig into the folder.

Most Rig Pack profiles will list the name of the specific pack it belongs to under the Author or Comment columns, thus you can generally figure out which profile belongs to which pack by sorting the profiles based on either field. This will group profiles that belong to a given pack together. From there, simply highlight all of the profiles associated with a given Rig Pack, right click them and select Copy. Then, create a subfolder and name it whatever the associated Rig Pack for the profiles you just highlighted are listed as. Then, with that folder selected, right click the empty space on the right-hand side of the application and select Paste. This is going to be much faster than attempting to wade through the profiles randomly.

However, perhaps the quickest option would be to simply uninstall and reinstall Rig Manager.