I am searching some Rigs

• Hello Forum,

I am searching for good Profiles for the following Amps, it would be nice, if I could get them for free, but paying is also possible.

Super Lead Plexi with Fullstack

One with all to 10 for Lead

One with a bit less gain for rhythm.

Roland Jazz Chorus

One for Clean Rhythm

One with a kind of big sound, filled with lots of modulation effects like chorus, delay etc, to play solo some Fingerpicking, like in stairway to heaven

Bogner Ecstasy or a other recommend Metal/Hard Rock Amp through a Fullstack

One with lots of gain for Solo

One with less Gain for Rhythm.

Thank you very much!

And sorry for my little dialect, I am from Germany.

Max

• Gutentag, Maxder! :)

I believe that many, if not all, of the rigs you seek should be on the Rig Exchange. Just download and install Rig Manager, and connect it up to your Kemper with a USB cable and you can audition all 20000+ rigs that up there. If you just want to take a quick look around, you could just go here and search for what you seek:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/rig/exchange

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the recommendation, I will search there, but I had a little bit of hope that somebody could directly tell me some recommendations, so that I don't have to search through the hole Rig manager.

Have a nice evening!

• Maxder,

No problem. I understand what you're hoping to do. Unfortunately, because tone is such a subjective thing, one person's "wunderbar" is another persons "müll"! :) The other issue is that we all have very different guitars and monitoring setups, so it's super difficult to say what will sound good with someone else's setup. You might want to check out this thread on the forum to see what at least some people here think are some of "the best" patches on RE.

What are "your" hidden gems in Rig Exchange? Post your best finds here ...

Good luck and happy listening!

Jeff

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hi Max, welcome to the forum and the Kemper family.

Despite the fact that the KPA sounds incredibly well out of the box and with many of the stock profiles as well as with one which are freely available there is not really a way around digging through a bunch of profiles which suit your needs. Either on RigExchange or from the free/paid ones around in the market. As Jeff rightly said: There is no one size fits all :)

And be prepared to find rigs which suit your needs quite well but are not from the amplifiers you mentioned above. That's the beauty of the KPA.... you can learn so much about amps you never had (and in my case: I would have never had on my list to try).

Anyway: Bogner Ecstasy.... there is a good one in the KPA already (Guido Bungenstock is really a go to person for that kind of sound). You'll find more in the free pack of the SinMix guys from Poland. They have lots of good metal amps profiled. Extremely good pack to find out a bit more about some amps.

The Roland JC rarely came to my attention. What I like for a wide clean sound with a good portion of effects is Connie Andreszka's ENGL INVADER CH1 HG profile from the RigExchange. That's a great one for pickings with huge sound.

Plexi: I like the ToneJunkie SL Plexi stuff, I found a few free ones of those and RickyStorti's Marshall Plexi 1959 from the RigExchange goes well for me too.

Hope that helps.

Greetings from Germany as well.

• LOL No. I just know a couple words based on my previous work experience with companies in Germany. :)

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Hi Max,

SL Plexi- There are a ton of plexi Marshall-type profiles in the Rig Exchange. Don't be afraid to also search out the "boutique" versions of these amps. For example, 3rd Power makes some great Marshall-sounding amps. Most of the commercial profilers have free/sample packs and some of these may contain examples of any of the 3 amps you are looking for. I won't make a specific recommendation on a Plexi because there are so many, and the range of tones and gain is going to make selecting one a matter of your rig, your taste, etc. I have downloaded and then discarded many. But, I bet you find so many that you have a difficult time deciding which ones are the "best". :)

For you Roland Jazz Chorus, I can strongly recommend ERIKS LEGACY CLEAN 4 in the Rig Exchange. It sounds superb (and even better in stereo) and has a few effects included in the profile. For your Clean Rhythm tone, you can add or modify the effects, and then just turn off the effects you don't want. Keep in mind, you can use one rig and just turn the effects on and off (remembering that you can assign several effects to one button, or use morph to turn some on, turn some off, turn some down a little, turn some up a little, etc. Or you can save the two different rigs and/or slots.

Bogner Ecstasy - For the most part, I am going to have to leave that one to the folks that are more knowledgeable about this specific amp, but I really like the Bogner Ecstasy profiles that are in Michael Britt's Pack 2. I am using his Bogner Ecstasy Ch2 N2, with a few small tweaks, as my "big screaming rock solo" profile.

Regarding both the Marshall and the Bogner: If you find a Lead sound you like, you can lower the gain on the profile and maybe get a great, complimentary rhythm sound. You will likely have to increase the volume depending on how much you lower the gain and may want to tweak around on the amp parameters. If you find the Rhythm profile you like, you could try raising the gain to get a Lead tone, but in my experience, this does not work very well. BUT, you could experiment with the various Distortion and Boost Stomps to get the Rhythm profile to be a complimentary Lead profile. Of course, you can save each of these profiles, tweaked or not, as separate rigs and/or slots in Performance mode, or morph between the original profile and your tweaks, which ever fits your workflow or way of doing things.

I checked out the suggestions made prior to my post and all were great, and I am sure you will get more great suggestions.

If you find the Plexi(s) you like, I would really be interested in knowing what it, or they, are. :!::!:

Good luck in your search,

Kevin

Be Thankful.