First entry for a "Song A Week" challenge

• I just joined a "Song A Week" challenge on metal-guitarist.org forum.

Wrote and recorded this song quickly last evening. 8) I sing and play guitar+bass.

Next week may be something in style of Napalm Death or Ultravox, who knows :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have been extremely unhappy with my mixing skills the last couple of years. My mixes have been extremely thin and trebly.

But I discovered something recently that MIGHT hopefully take me in the right direction.

What you guys think about the mixing? =O

• The snare is actually sampled from the beginning of this song, and then added the Superior Drummer 3 built-in "1981 Classic Reverb" on it :love::love::love::love::love::love:

This album is from the mid 90s, but it's obvious they went for an 80s sound 8o

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.